+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Asghar

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I can't read that on a mobile as it wont expand.

By the way, above all else, you lost any credibility you had (which wasn't much in the first place) when you described Dundee FC as the wee team up the road.

That's message board talk, that's Saturday night Glasgow phone in c rap, not the kind of thing you say on national radio when purporting to represent a fans group asked to comment on the Tony Asghar interview.

You realised you hadn't prepared a logical case and you lost it.
    Spot on. As soon as he said that, It lost any credibility in any argument he was trying to make. It automatically came across as an arrogant comment to try and get some sort of reaction possibly from Adam? This is a national show, fans of other clubs will be thinking this guy speaks the opinion of all united fans which he doesn't. Makes us look very bad in the debate.

We've made mistakes during this. Questions can be asked of if we should have done stuff or not but it's unprecedented times so not sure anyone knows what was the best thing to do at these times. Lose Lose either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    Reading some of the outrageous comments on this topic, it seems that when folk are incapable of structured debate and are losing an argument, they always resort to this kind of abuse and totally deflect from the actual issues of financial mismanagement at our Club. So sad.

Of course the moderators are responsible for dealing with this?
    M, see when you were asked if you think fans would keep putting money in and you said you didnt think they would, or something along those lines, why do think they wont continue to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I can't read that on a mobile as it wont expand.

By the way, above all else, you lost any credibility you had (which wasn't much in the first place) when you described Dundee FC as the wee team up the road.

That's message board talk, that's Saturday night Glasgow phone in c rap, not the kind of thing you say on national radio when purporting to represent a fans group asked to comment on the Tony Asghar interview.

You realised you hadn't prepared a logical case and you lost it.
    we're all guilty of slagging off the fun but, time and a place ffs

Listened to the Podcast on the BBC site to see what all the fuss was about. To be honest it wasn't good and having met Mike Barile a couple of times imo he is the last person I would want on the BBC representing our club. I know he was on as a fans group rep but to all and sundry he will be seen as representing Dundee United. Car crash stuff I suppose that is a fair summary of it.

Whats wee jims ta onywiy? is that a fans group with real members or just merlot mike

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    ...and he has been at enough clubs to have an opinion...
    How many clubs has he been at where the SFA's project brave was a factor?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    As soon as Mark Ogren mentioned making a profit the writing was on the wall. I mean, does anyone truly believe this is a possibility?
    Very slim chance.

And if we somehow DID manage to create a profit, the fans will quite rightly want that profit reinvested in the team pronto, not lining Mark Ogrens pockets.

There must be so many easier ways to turn a profit than investing in a Scottish Football club.

haha really 4 pages because a utd fan said wee team up the road - ffs lockdown is killing us all. Ive heard it - was a bit embarrasing at times. But English is wrong and Adam did rise to it (what he said about staff is 100% true though). Basically for me Ashgar is right. Why is so much money being put into rugby? and why no money for prem teams?

Baffling and fvck rugby

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    I listened to it last night. English, Broadfoot and Adam all made decent points tbf to TA's interview. I think they took it abit to literally with some of the stuff he said though. I think the panel were right to question TA/MO tbh. I do think they failed to take into account certain things. i.e the january were we basically turned over a whole new squad etc.

the boy who came on to give "the united view" was embarrassing. Yeah difficult getting put in the position but some of the comments he made didn't make us sound good. "wee team up the road" cmon show more respect when on these platforms. having a dig at sevco aswell. never going to win imo. it loses any credibility in serious debates once you start talking in that manner. blaming everyone else rather than concentrating on ourselves. He came across really badly

the frustrating thing with Adam's comment about having loads of coaches/youth coaches. to achieve elite status (where you get more money) you need to invest in areas which some teams might not be able to do to get the elite status. you have to have a certain criteria before you can achieve this status so if you don't have this in place before (which we didnt) we were needing to spend on these areas to be able to achieve this. Another genius SFA scheme
    But they had a professional journalist, hvn presenter and professional footballer all with an agenda. Against a fan. Fvck sake if retired arab was a woman it would be #metoo all over again. Sad BBC yet again and totally pathetic to blame a supporter for being embarrasing. That situation should never have happened as per bbc code of conduct. You go on radio get wound in then your club gets attacked verbally by 3 professionals - many would react like that, simply by being overwhlemed or just taken in. These guys get trained on this and coaching. They are at fault here (the 3 stooges and the bbc).

Yes we can say embarrasing but it should never have happened and it wasnt the united view at all. It was a setup and pathetic journalism. And to Eric - no 100% was not called for saying anything like that but again should never have happened.

btw - who the fvck is jeremy vine on here can someone show me any positive post he has put up?
    Last edited by Shedboy1971; 26-01-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I would imagine the 30 million + a season sky deal had something to do with it.I think 90+% is for spl and as they are on tv fair enough.Im not sure if it was looked in to detail though so possibly it was unfair.What I heard, Charlie only commented on the number of staff united have and he has been at enough clubs to have an opinion and also the time it took united to get the players to accept pay cuts.Most clubs who did this mostly did at least 6 months ago and this would have saved united a lot of cash.I think both are fair points especially as the fans are being asked for cash for a second time.How many staff united have is common knowledge surely?
    I agree Charlie maybe shouldnt have got involved but english engineered it. Mind you he never said anything wrong or incorrect tbh. Really like Adam to be honest you guys are lucky to have him. Maybe do a swap with our 5 a side neckless wonder in January

The whole episode is the worst in journalism tbh. and we pay money every year to keep it going ffs

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)