+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Asghar

We are elite. We are. Really lads, we are elite.
    We're in pursuit. All the time. Of eliteness. We're nearly there.

WORLD FOOTBALL SUMMIT

Dundee United Sporting Director Tony Asghar represented the club on the elite stage this afternoon - as a keynote speaker at the world football summit in Seville.

Tony took a top table seat alongside Sevilla Sporting Director Monchi, former Real Madrid star Esteban Granero, CEO of Artificial Intelligence company Olocip and YouFirst Sports Director of Player Performance Lorena Torres.

No need to mock a positive thing, can't see any downside to it

Issue is most on here are more concerned with what happens on the pitch, bamming about what we do off it won't get us points.

His job IS off pitch matters though. Surely you're not suggesting he starts getting involved in coaching/picking players et cetera? 🤔

I don't recall saying that TTT so put the rod away, my point is what matters most is on the pitch, what happens off it has no relevance if we're crap on it,
    Our changing room showers being the best in Europe doesn't quite offset the shower on the pitch being amongst the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    His job IS off pitch matters though. Surely you're not suggesting he starts getting involved in coaching/picking players et cetera? 🤔
    Well rumour has it that yes he does have an input into the matchday team! Its a rumour that has crept up on here and in conversation with fellow supporters a few times, and its one that evidence can be found to support that, so its one i keep an open mind on. I also think his role should have some very limited input if we are to achieve the Ogrens long term profit objective, but the way i am picking it up, the involvement is way too much for me to be comfortable with if true.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post

Apparently if you aren't winning games the club should not comment or put out anything about off field matters.... but then when they don't they aren't being transparent enough

Be crap to run a club in this day and age

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    I don't recall saying that TTT...
    That'll be why I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Well rumour has it that yes he does have an input into the matchday team! Its a rumour that has crept up on here and in conversation with fellow supporters a few times, and its one that evidence can be found to support that, so its one i keep an open mind on. I also think his role should have some very limited input if we are to achieve the Ogrens long term profit objective, but the way i am picking it up, the involvement is way too much for me to be comfortable with if true.
    What evidence is there that is even remotely true? 🤔

My comment about Asghar isn't because I don't like him. It feeds back to a comment I made elsewhere about elitism at the club. I just worry that the elitist approach hasn't helped us on the pitch or off it. Link ups with Fulham, High performance this, in pursuit of that, run by manuals and templates used by clubs that can actually expect to be elite. Let's face it we're the 6th biggest club trying to consistently punch above our weight.

If Mark Ogren is happy spunking cash on a trip to Seville, fine. If I was the owner I'd say no. By the way, when he stepped up to the mic the audience will be thinking this is the Sporting Director of the club that got humiliated 7-0 off Alkmaar in the Diddy league and 9-0 off the Scottish league leaders.

Again, I don't dislike TA but we are not an Elite club. Let's win something first eh.

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)