+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Asghar

I thought the whole interview was superb.

Football is a results driven business...when ST took over the reins at Tannadice and we won the Scottish cup...few would have seen things so sour that he would be calling him the snake and looking to scrape his Dads name off the East Stand because he gave birth to the fecker!
    TA was a complete newbie to this role but he has delivered what he said he would.....we aren't quite ready to name a stand after him though! If he consistently manages to deliver...then he will gain the trust of the majority of fans.....but a lot of damage was done to the support by the lack of trust ST created and unfortunately TA is feeling some of that distrust.

I find the hatred he gets mind bogling. The Club is run so much better these days and I trust the decisions being made. Looking forward to seeing who we sign over summer. The future is bright 🌞

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    I find the hatred he gets mind bogling. The Club is run so much better these days and I trust the decisions being made. Looking forward to seeing who we sign over summer. The future is bright 🌞
    I think hatred is a strong word but I get how some would be wary of him,especially seeing non playing staff leave in the manner they have since his arrival and some like Gordon Grady and the hospo volunteer guy both with over 2 decades of service to the club leaving with a parting shot at how the club is being run away from the football side. Add to that Paul Reid and the lassie from the office both leaving too with multiple years at the club and there's probably more.

I won't read the interview as I never do because I can never make out whether they are being sincere or its just spin but I won't judge him as I've never met him. Let's be honest here though we could easily have finished in the bottom 6 and things wouldn't look so rosey, a 5hite Aiburdeen and the nosedive of a Martin Boyleless Hibs meant we did though.....and a great defence and goalie too of course👏

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Totally agree.

Thought the interview was very good and very open.

When you look at where we were to where we are it’s night and day. When you read about how bad a position the club was in when MO and TA took over credit has to be giving where credit is definitely due. TA has made mistakes and he admits it, but show me someone who hasn’t. The main thing is the mistakes have not been terminal, and I think TA has learned from them and will continue to do so. I can’t wait to for next season. Keep up the good work TA.

COME ON UNITED 🖤🧡

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Let's be honest here though we could easily have finished in the bottom 6...
    Bit we didn't. We finished fourth and into Europe. 🤔

It's worth a watch before making up your mind, 45 min long and recorded with 3 games left in the season so before Rangers, Celtic and County

Bottom six would not have been a disaster giving our season predictions, to be comfortably safe two years in a row when just back, allows you time to build, top six was the club target which they managed, Europe and 4th very much above all expectations and a bonus financially aswell

Back to TA, I get the waryness early on but nothing really I've seen says he isn't trying his best for DUFC along with MO of course who is still the reason we've been able to progress from the crap circumstances we were in 4 years ago *shudder*

Great interview. His track record so far has been good. He hasn't always signed players for all the positions we need/wanted to see as fans but imho the ones we have signed have generally been better than previous regimes and hve contributed to where we are now. Yeah the football has been brutal to watch but i think this season we should be looking to change that and he clearly identifies that in the interview

and...... so what if people who have been at the club for a long time were shown the door and said bad words. Just because someone has been long serving doesn't mean they were actually any good at what they did. Very few leaders would rid the club of good workers even if they didn't get on with them, it was probably clear they were deadwood and a waste of a wage or we could get better. I liked the part where he said they employ staff who also leave for better things, that means they are driven to improve... not just sit in a cushy role for 10 years doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    so what if people who have been at the club for a long time were shown the door and said bad words. Just because someone has been long serving doesn't mean they were actually any good at what they did. Very few leaders would rid the club of good workers even if they didn't get on with them, it was probably clear they were deadwood and a waste of a wage or we could get better. I liked the part where he said they employ staff who also leave for better things, that means they are driven to improve... not just sit in a cushy role for 10 years doing the same thing.
    Correct.

After the horror show that was the Era Of The Snake, anything is surely an improvement and how anyone can argue over the direction of the Club right now is staggering. You only need to look a couple of hundred yards up the road to see an example of a proper basket case.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)