+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Asghar

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Spot on. As soon as he said that, It lost any credibility in any argument he was trying to make. It automatically came across as an arrogant comment to try and get some sort of reaction possibly from Adam? This is a national show, fans of other clubs will be thinking this guy speaks the opinion of all united fans which he doesn't. Makes us look very bad in the debate.

We've made mistakes during this. Questions can be asked of if we should have done stuff or not but it's unprecedented times so not sure anyone knows what was the best thing to do at these times. Lose Lose either way.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    How many clubs has he been at where the SFA's project brave was a factor?

Think while we invested to get elite status they were in tier 3 so they won't have any knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Very slim chance.

And if we somehow DID manage to create a profit, the fans will quite rightly want that profit reinvested in the team pronto, not lining Mark Ogrens pockets.

There must be so many easier ways to turn a profit than investing in a Scottish Football club.

If not for covid there was a decent chance to make a profit, doing things right, the game has been changed by circumstances unprecedented

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Nae idea only on periodically these days. 6-2 is a pumping but in all honesty we started the league pretty brutal but in reality shud be at least 4/5 points better off. Still hope to challenge for the league but hearts squad shud really win it.

That was 6-2 part three, eh meant part deux

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy vine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Were they definitely asked?

You said on the radio you didn't think fans would put anymore money in, why do you think that?
    You can only go to the well so many times before it runs dry , just one question in regards to season tickets do you still pay for yours a year in advance?
    What's we the namin' thing going on just now? I joined here because you can remain incognito (to a certain point)

I'm reading posts with everyone calling each other by real names or initials. And... I'm very wary of all these "new" members all of a sudden. Would you join a forum under a new name just to stir the pot, or maybe already banned???

Anyhoo , goodnight all .......... Ron "Jeremy"
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 26-01-2021 at 07:53 PM.

I've just listened to the podcast. Mike Barile was no contest for Tom English or Daryl Broadfoot. Barile can't talk on behalf of the club, but only as one supporter; he does not represent United or United supporters. It should have been made clear that all his thoughts/opinions were his own.
    Also, calling Tony Asghar "naive", and he (TA)" hasn't grasped the situation" will go down well with TA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    I

The whole episode is the worst in journalism tbh. and we pay money every year to keep it going ffs

Eh don't and never will FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    haha really 4 pages because a utd fan said wee team up the road - ffs lockdown is killing us all. Ive heard it - was a bit embarrasing at times. But English is wrong and Adam did rise to it (what he said about staff is 100% true though). Basically for me Ashgar is right. Why is so much money being put into rugby? and why no money for prem teams?

Baffling and fvck rugby
    I actually feel a bit sorry for Mike,i did not agree with everything he said however i think the level of criticism he is getting is way over the top.
    The biggest concern for me over the last few days is the owner of the club saying,"Why are we still playing?." Does he think that SKY will give us all our TV money if we shut down for the rest of the season?.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Out of interest do you think Tom English and Charlie Adam were wrong in what they said?
    I thought it somewhat ironic that a player you cannot afford to pay is on a national radio station discussing the finances of Dundee United.
    I really like Charlie as a footballer and i think he is a decent guy too,but it was a bit rich when he plays for a team who financially have shamed the city twice and own the square root of F ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Were they definitely asked?

You said on the radio you didn't think fans would put anymore money in, why do you think that?
    They were asked but they rightly told the BEEB that as the vote for giving more funds to United was ongoing that it wouldnt be fair to comment until this was a done deal.

They were respecting the members.

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)