+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A shout out for Winnie.

Thank you, Rosie.

This virus is weird in how some get nothing and others get everything, then the rest with a smattering of everything in between the extremes. I'm starting to think there might be a blood type aspect to it - are you getting plenty of iron Win?

I had the mildest of symptoms before lockdown in March then my sense of smell disappeared for a few days, energy levels weren't great either but nowhere near what you've endured. The antibody test I had a couple of months ago was positive.

Yes, this virus is really weird, Westy. I did see something about blood type possibly being a factor - I'm type A which I understand seems to be affected more badly than the more common O group. I also saw something about women also suffering from long covid more than men - something to do with how our immune systems react to the virus. As Rosie said, being fit and healthy doesn't mean you won't be affected by the virus in this way ... I also saw something about viral load? I'm booked in for a blood test which will also look at iron levels etc in a few weeks but at the moment I'm not well enough to go to the surgery as I can't stand up for very long without starting to black out ...

The first two weeks was like regular flu, then I started sleeping ridiculous hours and couldn't wake up, then the breathlessness started, and a weird array of symptoms kicked in which kind of appear and disappear like a merry go round ... I can be feeling okayish and then suddenly I have to sleep. It's not tiredness, I have no option to push through it.

I'm sorry to hear you contracted the virus too, but glad your symptoms were mild ...

Hopefully as Rosie says though, time will be the great healer. Trying to stay positive. It's a bit like being a Villa fan - full of ups and downs, so good practice xx

PS. I hope everyone is ok, with tonight's announcement that another national lockdown just days away ... Stay safe all xxx

luckily we illness gives me plenty of iron in my blood so the corona has no chance of getting through.

Win - order a product called Spatone, it's an iron solution that comes in sachets which my wife was prescribed after losing a lot of blood when our first child was born. Are you being prescribed anything to deal with the root cause of what the virus has done to your body - Dexamethasone for example?

My blood type is O+ by the way which aligns to what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by mondaze View Post
    luckily we illness gives me plenty of iron in my blood so the corona has no chance of getting through.
    Tough guy.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Win - order a product called Spatone, it's an iron solution that comes in sachets which my wife was prescribed after losing a lot of blood when our first child was born. Are you being prescribed anything to deal with the root cause of what the virus has done to your body - Dexamethasone for example?

My blood type is O+ by the way which aligns to what you're saying.
    Thank you so much, Westy. I will definitely order this.

No. Nothing as yet. Just waiting for blood test to see where I'm at and if there's anything more they can be doing that might help ...

I must admit, today was the first day it really got me down. I was trying to order my Mum's groceries online so she doesn't have to go to the shops, as I've been doing every week since the start of the pandemic - I got about half way through it, and got so confused over something so simple, I burst into tears and had to abandon it as it was too hard ... I've been quite positive so far, but it did get the better of me today. Will have another go at it tomorrow ...

I can't find the actual article I read which had more details of the blood type thing ... but found this for you which I thought you might be interested in. Early days yet, but under continuing investigation ...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a9568511.html

You're only human Win and sometimes it's the smallest of things that complete the culmination in getting to these points, can't beat a good old cry though eh.

Thanks for the article - I'll have a read, best wishes for an upturn in fortunes hun.

Thank you Westy Yes, the old saying "it was the straw" is certainly true. A good cry helps get rid I know this is peanuts compared to what Mondaze and others go through on a long term basis and I'm so humbled by anyone who has any kind of serious or long term health condition who valiantly battles it over time - it gives you a greater appreciation of your normal health, and I will never take it for granted again,
    - I am so lucky when I think of how this virus has destroyed so many lives in so many ways. Got beaten like Villa did at the weekend, but ready to fight another day now Thank you everybody for your kindness and well wishes. You are all amazing xxx

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)