+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: A shout out for Winnie.

Winnie how are you? 💐

Aww thank you so much for asking, Rosie. That's so kind of you.

Well, it was a bit of a momentous day on Monday, as I was able to venture outside for the first time in 12 weeks! It was just to get my blood test, but it kind of felt like a round the world adventure after being cooped up for so long, and I noticed and appreciated every little piece of moss growing on a garden wall, and even the bark on the trees, and the autumnal colours were so beautiful.

I paid for my adventure in the evening, as I spent the rest of the night gasping for breath, but I knew it would pass eventually, so just lay there waiting for it to improve ... which it did, the next day ...

On the whole the better days are starting to outnumber the bad days. I've had a couple of days where I've managed to get through the day without needing to sleep which kind of feels like a huge achievement and brings some hope. I must admit it did start to get to me in the last couple of weeks, and got a bit down, as I was getting so confused and forgetful even the simplest tasks were so hard, but I'm through that now, and just taking one day at a time, and I am just happy every time I have a better day.

Thank you.

Love Winnie xxx

Glad you’re feeling a little better Winnie it sounds bloody awful to tell you the truth me my family and close circle of friends know nobody who has had or suffered from this virus so was hard to believe that this thing really exists.

I have a deep distrust of main stream media and esp politicians so Upon reading of your experience has brought it home to me that it is very real.

If you don’t mind me asking do you think you know where you caught it ?

Keep up the good fight and rock on

Thank you AV

Yes, it's very real. A different experience for me - it felt very real for me very early on. as two of my friends lost a parent each to it - ended their days on a ventilator ... Although no spring chickens, they led fit and active lives and it was not their time. It was a horrendous time for their children who weren't allowed to be with them at the hospital ...

You may find people have had it unknowingly ... I keep hearing of people who have been tested through test and trace and amazed to discover they were positive as they had no symptoms and never developed any. I actually find that quite scary and it really shows the need for us to limit the number of people we see and be so careful...

As Westy said, there seems to be spectrum with this ... In the early days it was either you'll end up in hospital and are at risk of death or it'll just be like a 2 week flu thing you'll be fine. There are an awful lot of us caught up between the two ...

No, I don't mind AV. Obviously I'm reluctant to apportion "blame" but I think I caught it from a friend who visited me as part of a support bubble. I've been extraordinarily careful, so it was was pretty frustrating to catch it. Happily, immediately after her visit I went into a self imposed self isolation as I wanted to see my dad who had recently come out of shielding, and I started getting symptoms during that period, so I thank goodness I did - the thought that I could have killed him terrifies me, and hopefully my self imposed pre visit isolation means I haven't passed it on to anyone else.

Keeping fighting

You stay rockingly safe, AV xxx
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 11-11-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Glad to hear you are slowly improving Winnie.

It must have felt wonderful to have some fresh air after being cooped up indoors for 12 weeks.

Sorry to ask another question but can they not give you an inhaler to help with your breathing?

Take good care of yourself. ❤️

Rosie xxx

No problem, Rosie. I've got a telephone consultation with my Dr next week to see if there's anything more that can be done, once they've seen my bloods, so will know more then. I must admit, I'm not the best at phoning medics for help ... The breathing isn't like that all the time, and it's much better than it was, overall. I tend to struggle with it if I've tried to do more than I'm capable of ...

Thank you again for your kind words of support.

I hope I'm not boring everyone too much with too much information, especially as it's dragging on a while, but thank you all xx

Tbh win we need all the info we can get because you just can’t believe MSM and politicians I for one am very grateful for your posts and hope it helps you by Talking about it in an odd sort of way.

Keep on "boring" us Win, I love your eloquent posts.

You're clearly making progress which is great news, one day at a time and all that.

One thing going through my head is if Covid doesn't fizzle out then we will all need to get vaccinated as the older we get the higher the risk. I have a deep mistrust of the MSM and the follow the science (when it suits) rubbish as there are conflicting views from experts who have no skin in the game.

I'm sure a lot of us come into contact with a lot of bugs that but remain asymptomatic, food for thought I guess.

Much warmth - WCV

Glad to hear your health is starting to improve Miss Winnie, like several others on here its been hard to distinguish between fact and media bull, living in a small border community in Powys the virus kind of passed us by first time round,but its certainly here now if anyone wasnt sure it was real. Your posts about your experience will hopefully help others to cope if they or their family and freinds are unlucky enough to contract it. All the very best for your continued recovery, a few more results like Sunday would surely help UTV Mick

Win, when people care, they are not bored. Those who are bored by it all, don’t even open the thread. I certainly don’t see your posts as boring (well, not these ones anyway ), or self-indulgent.

I, as well as most on here, are interested in how you are. Your updates are far more informative and interesting than any other media source, especially as there is a personal interest involved.

Keep going, mate.

Tripe & Onions with sauteed Sweetbreads recipe is on the way.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)