+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 58% and rising

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'd also throw in the Scottish Govt were offered the chance to take on more social security benefits but **** themselves as they are so costly.

They were supposed to takeover PIP and ESA.....they haven't.
    I'm no economist and the details would have to be worked out by better qualified people than me.

I don't even know what PIP and ESA are.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

Of course Scotland wouldn't be able to pay pensions from the income received through taxation and NI contributions of the currently working and contributing population.

Everything we get comes from England you know, we contribute nothing and without Wastemonster we'd never be able to manage our own finances. We're just children holding on to mummy's apron strings after all.

The fact that we contribute to the UK treasury and simply receive back our proportional share is lost on the blinkered unionists, you're wasting your time because all that'll happen is one of the two muppets on here - the troll or Islay - will stamp their feet and shout Barnett Formula at you.

Oh and take my advice, ignore the troll and it stops targeting you.
    We do contribute to the UK Treasury. This seems to be the crux of the discussion. How much do we contribute? I am genuinely interested in the amount that you believe Scotland contributes. Since the implication that this is much more than the block grant it should be possible to list the details of the figures. My understanding is that Westminster collects VAT, income tax, national insurance contributions, inheritance tax and customs excise duty. Are these values for Scotland known and are there any other taxes that should be included?

That can be addressed. Controlled immigration and keeping the taxation in Scotland from items such as whisky which is manufactured in Scotland and often gets exported from English ports. If I remember correctly it was one of the arguments used to say Scotland could never afford independence, our major export is currently exported from and taxed in England and the gullible bought it. But of course they omitted to mention that it's currently taxed at the UK border and if independent it would be taxed at the Scottish border.
    So it's a yes to the question.

You know the vast majority of SNP supporters (not that you are one) don't and the SNP don't tell them.

I'm no economist and the details would have to be worked out by better qualified people than me.

Personal independent payment....the old disability living allowance.

ESA is employment support allowance.

The SNP took on the additional amount they pay on top of carers allowance but made a hash of introducing it.

A carer in Scotland is now paid the same rate as ESA....ie someone who is unemployed.

In the rest of the UK a carer isn't worth the same as someone who is unemployed only around 80%.

SNP agreed to take on the Scottish top up as it's very easy to administer......they bottled ESA and Pip.

Of course Scotland wouldn't be able to pay pensions from the income received through taxation and NI contributions of the currently working and contributing population.

Everything we get comes from England you know, we contribute nothing and without Wastemonster we'd never be able to manage our own finances. We're just children holding on to mummy's apron strings after all.

The fact that we contribute to the UK treasury and simply receive back our proportional share is lost on the blinkered unionists, you're wasting your time because all that'll happen is one of the two muppets on here - the troll or Islay - will stamp their feet and shout Barnett Formula at you.

Oh and take my advice, ignore the troll and it stops targeting you.
    We do contribute to the UK Treasury. This seems to be the crux of the discussion. How much do we contribute? I am genuinely interested in the amount that you believe Scotland contributes. Since the implication that this is much more than the block grant it should be possible to list the details of the figures. My understanding is that Westminster and Holyrood collect VAT, income tax, national insurance contributions, inheritance tax and customs excise duty etc and allocate these actual receipts. These values for Scotland are known. The actual sums raised are used. What isn't clear to me is if whisky duty, for example, is actually recorded as a Scottish based source of tax or whether it is attributed to England when the distilling company is headquartered in England. If we keep the discussion factual then perhaps we might learn the truth rather than just have an argument. I am not sure that my post is entirely correct. It's based on reading the Scottish Government website.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    The fact the UK government spent the pension fund sums up the independence argument.

There should be a simple test before people are allowed online, but unfortunately,this does not exist.

Now, this is where you say something that you think is pure dead clever, I ignore it for bring so stupid it's not worth the effort to reply,and you get all smug thinking you won.

THERE IS/WAS NO FUND.

Hope you understand now.

Not anything clever, just simple facts.

Not about winning or losing, just facts.

Dry yer eyes sweet cheeks.

That can be addressed. Controlled immigration and keeping the taxation in Scotland from items such as whisky which is manufactured in Scotland and often gets exported from English ports. If I remember correctly it was one of the arguments used to say Scotland could never afford independence, our major export is currently exported from and taxed in England and the gullible bought it. But of course they omitted to mention that it's currently taxed at the UK border and if independent it would be taxed at the Scottish border.
    Another one who believes everything shat at him by some independence meme.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/ab...scotland-faqs/

Read it and weep.

A real man would apologise.

And you wonder why we should have a test before voting.

I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Personal independent payment....the old disability living allowance.

ESA is employment support allowance.

The SNP took on the additional amount they pay on top of carers allowance but made a hash of introducing it.

A carer in Scotland is now paid the same rate as ESA....ie someone who is unemployed.

In the rest of the UK a carer isn't worth the same as someone who is unemployed only around 80%.

SNP agreed to take on the Scottish top up as it's very easy to administer......they bottled ESA and Pip.
    They won’t believe you.

They vote based on ignorance and hatred.

These benefits won’t be handled by a Scottish gov until 2024 and yet they told us in 2014 than in the event of a yes vote we would be independent in 18months.

I see the gullible still believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    THERE IS/WAS NO FUND.

Hope you understand now.

Not anything clever, just simple facts.

Not about winning or losing, just facts.

Dry yer eyes sweet cheeks.
    I have always understood. That's why I said whatever funds used for pensions now would be used. The fact is there was a pension fund,and if it is now gone,then the UK government have spent that fund.

Now if the pensions are paid by the current workforce,why would independence make any negative difference? Life expectancy in Scotland is lower than in England,so any impact should be positive surely? Less pensioners =less pension liability.

I know you are not great at reasoning,and sometimes you need to go ask someone what your opinion is,so go with your other tactic,ignore any point you can't argue,and maybe use capitals to prove how right you think you are.

Just checking the time,is that you home from watching Celtic? Made good time from dingwall.....

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)