+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 58% and rising

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    How can people in Scotland possibly vote in favour of Scotland becoming an independent country when their leader Nicola Sturgeon is currently begging for more money from the Westminster Government.
    This is the real world not the ‘Brigadoon’ country that the pro independence supporters seem to think it will be.
    Even if they are allowed to rejoin their ‘precious’ EU they will be governed by the faceless bureaucrats at Brussels.
    At least an independent Scotland will not have to worry about which currency they will have to adopt. It will be the Scottish Groat until they they can get their current deficit down to 3% of their GDP they will have to join the Euro.
    The ‘one size fits all’ Euro is hopeless for most countries in the EU as they are governed by the Euro exchange rate. Individual countries throughout the EU cannot float the Euro to suit their own country’s financial needs.
    Or it would just be the pound.

How can people in Scotland possibly vote in favour of Scotland becoming an independent country when their leader Nicola Sturgeon is currently begging for more money from the Westminster Government.
    This is the real world not the ‘Brigadoon’ country that the pro independence supporters seem to think it will be.
    Even if they are allowed to rejoin their ‘precious’ EU they will be governed by the faceless bureaucrats at Brussels.
    At least an independent Scotland will not have to worry about which currency they will have to adopt. It will be the Scottish Groat until they they can get their current deficit down to 3% of their GDP they will have to join the Euro.
    The ‘one size fits all’ Euro is hopeless for most countries in the EU as they are governed by the Euro exchange rate. Individual countries throughout the EU cannot float the Euro to suit their own country’s financial needs.
    Because in an independent Scotland, everything will be free, everyone will have a highly paid job working for the state, neighbours will leave their doors open as we are ahh jock (sorry deeranged) thamsons bairns, Nicola will help ever one live to 125 and the EU will flood us with money.

Meanwhile in the real world the SNP are insisting everyone fits expensive smoke alarms "to keep us safe" even if you own your own home, get people arrested for calling saint Nicola a Nazi and make a roaring **** of everything they touch.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think that unless the other parties press for all the documents relating to the case there will be a big kiss and make up between Nicola and Alec. They both have too much invested in the cause of independence to allow a tiff about something that a jury found him not guilty. I don't read any SNP supporters getting their knickers in a twist about this case. If you look at other countries that gained independence there was a National party that got re-elected time and time again with a leader who eventually seemed to be the dictator. I am not so confident that Deeranged is right and the SNP will fall away.
    These people think they are our masters, they will never willingly go away.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think that unless the other parties press for all the documents relating to the case there will be a big kiss and make up between Nicola and Alec. They both have too much invested in the cause of independence to allow a tiff about something that a jury found him not guilty. I don't read any SNP supporters getting their knickers in a twist about this case. If you look at other countries that gained independence there was a National party that got re-elected time and time again with a leader who eventually seemed to be the dictator. I am not so confident that Deeranged is right and the SNP will fall away.
    I think it is going to be interesting when Nicola has to state where she had her meetings with Alex Salmond which she could not remember about when she gave her Written Statement to the MSPs at Holyrood.
    The question is. Did Nicola Sturgeon have these meetings with Alex Salmond in her Glasgow home which she shares with her husband Peter Murrell who claims that he knows nothing about these meetings. Peter Murrell is Chief Executive of the SNP or did Nicola Sturgeon hold these meetings somewhere else such as the house Nicola Sturgeon owns in Bridge of Allan.
    I enclose details of an article which was published on 16th February 2020 https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...ssip-not-true/
    I suggest that you also read the third post from the top in the Comments Section at the foot of the article.
    In February 2017 Nicola Sturgeon took out an interdict preventing the U.K. media and newspapers publishing details about her ***uality.
    However there is nothing to prevent this information being published outwith the U.K. and on the internet.
    On 18th February 2020 a friend told me that Nicola Sturgeon has a girlfriend. Apparently it is also the talk of Glasgow and Edinburgh.

I think it is going to be interesting when Nicola has to state where she had her meetings with Alex Salmond which she could not remember about when she gave her Written Statement to the MSPs at Holyrood.
    The question is. Did Nicola Sturgeon have these meetings with Alex Salmond in her Glasgow home which she shares with her husband Peter Murrell who claims that he knows nothing about these meetings. Peter Murrell is Chief Executive of the SNP or did Nicola Sturgeon hold these meetings somewhere else such as the house Nicola Sturgeon owns in Bridge of Allan.
    I enclose details of an article which was published on 16th February 2020 https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...ssip-not-true/
    I suggest that you also read the third post from the top in the Comments Section at the foot of the article.
    In February 2017 Nicola Sturgeon took out an interdict preventing the U.K. media and newspapers publishing details about her ***uality.
    However there is nothing to prevent this information being published outwith the U.K. and on the internet.
    On 18th February 2020 a friend told me that Nicola Sturgeon has a girlfriend. Apparently it is also the talk of Glasgow and Edinburgh.
    Who really cares,David Cameron had a relationship with a pigs head, Boris has had a relationship with half of London.

Didn't stop either being terrible prime minister's,so why should it stop ms sturgeon?

An independant Scotland does not mean forever governed by the snp tho. As for currency, use the pound or the euro. I get some voters have fears over their jobs etc I get that. But some fowk just like to think that even if it costs a bit extra in tax we could go it alone. I find it hard to believe we are the only small country that requires a union.
    If it goes to a 2nd vote. We can all vote what we see best for our and our kids future,if my job was in jeapordy I would vote to remain.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Who really cares,David Cameron had a relationship with a pigs head, Boris has had a relationship with half of London.

Didn't stop either being terrible prime minister's,so why should it stop ms sturgeon?
    It dosent....she is terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It dosent....she is terrible
    It's a question of how terrible, she is no trump and no bojo.

Having said that,most politicians are much of a muchness, regardless of what they do in their own bedrooms

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Or it would just be the pound.
    It will not be the UK pound. It might be the Scottish pound as it was before the Act of Union in 1707 when ten Scottish pounds equalled one English pound.

It will not be the UK pound. It might be the Scottish pound as it was before the Act of Union in 1707 when ten Scottish pounds equalled one English pound.
    Why not?

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)