+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 58% and rising

58% and rising

Support for independence.

Looks like my 60% comment the other day wasn't as wide of the mark as some might have thought.

Time for indy ref 2 approaching, cannae wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

Looks like my 60% comment the other day wasn't as wide of the mark as some might have thought.

Luckily I'll be dead before this happens or in a care home for the SNP to commit genocide.

Did the polls not have your lot ahead before the once in a generation vote the last time ?

No one I speak to has decided they would vote for it second time round, I can only see the gap getting wider, people are coming around to the dictator and seeing her for what she is

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Did the polls not have your lot ahead before the once in a generation vote the last time ?

No one I speak to has decided they would vote for it second time round, I can only see the gap getting wider, people are coming around to the dictator and seeing her for what she is
    Strangely most people I speak to are for independence.

The dictator will be out of office because her party will be obsolete so nothing to worry about there.

You still have to convince Westminster to give another referendum vote ,not going to happen....if this covid flu thingy has taught the electorate anything it’s that MP’s do what they want when they want to suit their political or personnel needs..

I think there will be a 2nd vote,things change like Brexit and you cannot seriously go by just what a tory government want.Know a few people who would now back independence having voted against before.I think the change in support could be the elderly possibly like the way sturgeon is dealing with covid and its the elderly who she needs to convince.imo both sturgeon and boris have made an arse of covid so who knows what might happen in the future.

Strangely most people I speak to are for independence.

The dictator will be out of office because her party will be obsolete so nothing to worry about there.
    She will never relinquish power.

Evil.

I'd call her a Nazi but apparently that's not aloud, so i wont. You can of course call anyone a Nazi who has right of centre views, that's allowed and encouraged in progressive Scotland.

I think that unless the other parties press for all the documents relating to the case there will be a big kiss and make up between Nicola and Alec. They both have too much invested in the cause of independence to allow a tiff about something that a jury found him not guilty. I don't read any SNP supporters getting their knickers in a twist about this case. If you look at other countries that gained independence there was a National party that got re-elected time and time again with a leader who eventually seemed to be the dictator. I am not so confident that Deeranged is right and the SNP will fall away.

How can people in Scotland possibly vote in favour of Scotland becoming an independent country when their leader Nicola Sturgeon is currently begging for more money from the Westminster Government.
    This is the real world not the ‘Brigadoon’ country that the pro independence supporters seem to think it will be.
    Even if they are allowed to rejoin their ‘precious’ EU they will be governed by the faceless bureaucrats at Brussels.
    At least an independent Scotland will not have to worry about which currency they will have to adopt. It will be the Scottish Groat until they they can get their current deficit down to 3% of their GDP they will have to join the Euro.
    The ‘one size fits all’ Euro is hopeless for most countries in the EU as they are governed by the Euro exchange rate. Individual countries throughout the EU cannot float the Euro to suit their own country’s financial needs.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)