+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Deadline Day Latest

Worrying thing is if Cauley gets his mojo back he'll no doubt be off in 10 weeks for £2.5/£3m.
    Then we go and replace him with, select one of the following;
    A full back.
    A centre mid
    An attacking mid.
    A striker who has scored 4 goals in twenty matches for Stenhousemuir.

Quote Originally Posted by Olias1 View Post
    Worrying thing is if Cauley gets his mojo back he'll no doubt be off in 10 weeks for £2.5/£3m.
    Then we go and replace him with, select one of the following;
    A full back.
    A centre mid
    An attacking mid.
    A striker who has scored 4 goals in twenty matches for Stenhousemuir.
    Well I'm not so sure Olias , inadvertently and I do mean inadvertently Woodrow's new deal has changed the situation .

If he's got himself more money , I'll take a stab at this and say it's a significant pay rise .

The price of the player has now gone up because to shift him from here on decent money by definition becomes harder for a prospective buying club so the price goes up .

Easy to take Jacob Brown for £2m on 4k a week here , not so easy if he's on 12k .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well I'm not so sure Olias , inadvertently and I do mean inadvertently Woodrow's new deal has changed the situation .

If he's got himself more money , I'll take a stab at this and say it's a significant pay rise .

The price of the player has now gone up because to shift him from here on decent money by definition becomes harder for a prospective buying club so the price goes up .

Easy to take Jacob Brown for £2m on 4k a week here , not so easy if he's on 12k .
    Have to disagree.
    If and it is a big if Cauley has 10+ goals by Xmas, do you honestly think clubs won't come a sniffing.
    Furthermore based on passed record do you think our owners would turn down the chance of £3m quid an estimated profit of £2m on him.
    And taking your £12k as a given, it would nothing for most Championship clubs to offer £15k if they wanted him badly enough.
    But all that aside, which of the 4 options would be your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Olias1 View Post
    Have to disagree.
    If and it is a big if Cauley has 10+ goals by Xmas, do you honestly think clubs won't come a sniffing.
    Furthermore based on passed record do you think our owners would turn down the chance of £3m quid an estimated profit of £2m on him.
    And taking your £12k as a given, it would nothing for most Championship clubs to offer £15k if they wanted him badly enough.
    But all that aside, which of the 4 options would be your choice.
    Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you Olias but you haven't factored in the present economic climate in the championship and the EFL .

When we are the biggest spenders in the championship on deadline day you know it's fecked .

Normally Woodrow and Mowatt wouldn't still be here , top end championship clubs with parachute payments such as Watford , Bournemouth or Norwich don't want them and those who maybe interested haven't a pot to pyss in , there are according to what I've read 6 Championship clubs on the brink .

The club's given Woodrow a pay rise to to get a tune out of him because his head was somewhere else but no realistic offer was received .

12k a week is going to be a good wage in the championship before too long which in my opinion will make it harder and more costly for anyone further down the road to purchase him .

Do hope you're right.
    However to quote Han Solo, I have a very bad feeling about this!
    Esp if he has a reduced release clause as some have muted.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789