+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: God and smiting

It serves your purpose to lump it all in with those that believe that the world is only 10,000 years old, which it clearly isnt . I lump you in with that type.

No reason to believe in?, are you really this stupid?

That is your poorest yet. You present a 100% distorted view of that which I plainly stated. You absolutely know that my clearly stated point is that the Bible's "In The Beginning" was no more than 10,000 years ago, which nobody sensible disputes, and I actually state that there was plenty of life at least 315 million years years ago. It seems that I have to reiterate that which I plainly stated.

The Bible's "In The Beginning", referring to a total void, was no more than 10,000 years ago. Nobody with any sense disputes that. But dinosaurs and numerous other species existed 315 million years ago for 250 million years until the asteroid event caused the extinction of all but small animals and birds. So 65 million years ago that life which survived the asteroid event began evolving, eventually resulting in human beings in our current form at very least 200,000 years ago. So human beings in our current form existed 200,000 years before the Bible's "In The Beginning" (which states that up to that point there was nothing, a void).

I shall let you wrestle with your conflicting beliefs in both the scientifically proved truth and your belief in the Bible's "In The Beginning".
    You cannot believe in the Bible's "In The Beginning", which the Bible refers to as a void (which nobody with any sense argues to be more than 10,000 years ago) whilst also believing that there was plenty of life on Earth at least 315 million years ago and human beings in our current form existing more than 200,000 years ago.

My own view, clearly and consistently stated, is that there has been substantial animal life on Earth for at the very least 315 million years, almost certainly a lot longer than that and that the Bible's "In The Beginning" is nonsense, with not even any theologians challenging the fact that it refers to a time no more than 10,000 years ago. Any other purported representation of my view is, to say the least, disingenuous.
    Last edited by 6EQUJ5; 17-10-2020 at 11:25 AM.

https://answersingenesis.org/age-of-...-is-the-earth/

This deluded fool thinks that it’s only 6000 years old. My Mum’s older than that.

From his conclusion:

“ When we start our thinking with God’s Word, we see that the world is about 6,000 years old. When we rely on man’s fallible (and often demonstrably false) dating methods, we can get a confusing range of ages from a few thousand to billions of years, though the vast majority of methods do not give dates even close to billions.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)