+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: God and smiting

God and smiting

In the Holy Bible's Old Testicle God smote naughty b­astards, whether they were individuals or entire tribes.

But God seems to have done no smiting for at least 2,000 years.

Surely in 1932 in Germany God could have smote at least the foremost Nazis before they were signific­unt, knowing what t­wats they were. That would have prevented any future inconvenience caused by them.

Aye, he seem to have been replaced by Santa, who decides if you’ve been naughty and withholds presents. The judgemental b­astard.

Santa is perceived as being in red for all time since his beginning. But until 1930 the colour of Santa's clothing was green, sometimes one of various other colours but nearly always green.

In 1930 a Coca Cola advertising campaign had Santa dressed in the specific shade of red that Coca Cola's logo is written in. That is the source of Santa being in red.

Heard of cause and effect, or what goes around comes around? Thats smiting, nothing goes unpunished. I take my dog out late about 10-30 ish, if its been wet i can feel a crunch on the path. Thats me crushing a snail by accident a horrible death.

Or a adult gazelle watching its new born eaten alive by a lion.

A sparrow freezing to death.

Not good is it?

While you sit in your centrally heated homes eating and drinking to your hearts content. How 6eq has achieved the status of a human being and not anything above a slug beats me, but there you go, there must be something good in there.

All of this will be laughed away, like a man sitting on a railway line as a train is about to crush him, denying the train is there. If you have an evil life 6eq, pain and sorrow will be your payment for existence.

What will mitigate your suffering is you, holding your turkey leg in one hand, sherry in the other, watching Dr Who on christmas day. How exciting. Which is funnier, Dr Who or Santa?

Your on the road to being crushed by a foot in your shell 6eq, or gassed by fanatics. Id buy a ticket for that one.

This may sound like a funny post...but it isnt.

Without a doubt if Hell and its antithesis existed and I was an evil b­astard I would no doubt swiftly end up there.

But I believe that it does not exist and my sins are almost f­uck all, so to asses my chances of falling foul of such implied judgement as being negligible is exaggerating the possibility.

My old computer has now been smote. It is a pile of ashes. Written in those ashes is the message "That's for not believing in me, you utter t­wat".

Quote Originally Posted by 6EQUJ5 View Post
    Without a doubt if Hell and its antithesis existed and I was an evil b*astard I would no doubt swiftly end up there.

But I believe that it does not exist and my sins are almost f*uck all, so to asses my chances of falling foul of such implied judgement as being negligible is exaggerating the possibility.

Romans 14:1-2

As for the one who is weak in faith,welcome him,but not to quarrel over opinions

The Bible's "In The Beginning ....." was no more than 10,000 years ago. Certainly no theologians quarrel over that fact. So it is not what it purports to be. Indeed there is horrific stuff in it, which is supposed to be the concept of how we should live. So let's not take it as a template for our morality. It is a shamefully misogynist tome.

The apostles had a belief that Christ was Christ. Intense belief must be backed up by rational observation and experience that Christ was indeed the son of god.

They believed in God to the extent of being martyred in horrific ways. The ressurected christ was witnessed by the apostles and many others.

Like Whos Dat Guy, by some pop band. Its Christ.

Misogynist tome. How contemporary. Back then women were chattel. Fact. Its a shame you inherit your view of the world from anarchists. Go read the bible, even today its way beyond most people.

I have no doubt you are a harpie.

For the umpt­eenth time you start your theme with something for which there is no reason to believe in, this time the apostles.
    You build up your point by stating that the apostles believed ..... etc.

The apostles are from the Bible, in which "In The Beginning ...." is indisputably within the last ten thousand years. According to the Bible there was nothing at all before this time, a void. How did the author in Genesis know that there was nothing before this time? He was not there to see that there was nothing there. So, according to the Bible the countless forms of life including the dinosaurs had yet to appear at this time, within the last ten thousand years. It is utter nonsense.

Science has proved that human beings in our current form have existed for more than 200,000 years. Dinosaurs and numerous other species existed for 250 million years before the asteroid saw off anything bigger than small mammals / birds 65 million years ago.

Nobody can put a credible case that the Bible is a work of accurate historical record.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)