+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Transfer Window

I still feel we could’ve upgraded our defence without having broken the bank.

The defence is an absolute shocker and when we go down it’ll need ripping up and starting again.

We are still a bottom two side.

Time will tell how bad a window it was, but the lack of a defence will probably mean it is Bilic's last one with us.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Great window, considering our budget.
    I bet the Ferguson tribunal will go ahead now the window is closed, We could have done with that money and what our owners owes us
    £5m debt.
    It is what that c??? And lifelong albion fan peace owes us not the useless Lai.

P. S. I cannot believe bultland has gone for a third of the £3m they paid blose for him, when they wanted £30m for him when they went down a couple of years ago. Would definitely have gone in for him at £1m instead of button if we'd known about it then.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    Is that all? He was touted as a possible England keeper not so long ago.
    9 full England caps plus GB in the Olympics. 6ft 5in presence and although he struggled recently at Stoke still an upgrade for me on what we have an surely we could have afforded £1m although haven’t got a clue what his wage demands were of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    I’m 100% behind the new guys appearing vs Burnley...certainly Ivan and Gallagher.

My overall take on the result of this window is pretty well ‘as expected’ given the budget. Indeed probably as good as it gets within that confine. Disappointed that it always seems to take so long to complete the deal. But the Peace years have hardened me in that regard!

I was expecting a relegation dog-fight, so no surprise there!

Let’s hope we see some spirit and commitment.
    Similar to my view Prando, I really wish we would do business earlier, having the squad we now have all bedded in for the start of the season and we surely would have been a bit more solid in defence and we would have at least 2 more points on the board v Chelsea !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)