+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Downing to return.

I also thought Dolan might be saved for the last 30, with Rothwell pushed forward one, and Buckley in as the third midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I also thought Dolan might be saved for the last 30, with Rothwell pushed forward one, and Buckley in as the third midfielder.
    I can't see Downing returning.
    We would go backwards immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I can't see Downing returning.
    We would go backwards immediately.
    Rich Sharpe believes it's a done deal I'm afraid to say..

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Where are these stories coming from?
    Do we have any idea of their reliability?
    We can't possibly be signing Downing and the other two midfielders mentioned in a different thread.
    The idea of the extra keeper is a puzzler too.
    I think I'll wait and see.
    Meanwhile, very good news that Lenihan is fit.
    Any thoughts about the line-up? I've never got one right yet, but I'll give it a go:
    Kaminski
    Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Bell
    Rothwell Johnson Evans
    Dolan Armstrong Brereton
    I think the keeper situation makes sense.
    Fisher is being allowed to go out on loan. But proved he could not step into the first team if Kaminski got injured.
    If he did get injured now, this 20 year old Greek keeper would have to play. He was signed to play for the Under 23's.
    Eastham is younger than everyone, and not ready.
    So we desperately need a number 2 that could step in and play in the first team if our Number one got injured.
    It would be so unfair to expect a 20 year old Greek lad to. Eastham is even younger. Fisher simply isnt anywhere near good enough, and would be a disaster. This was a no brainer.

same with getting in a decent CM. You just know Evans will get injured. And too much is being put on Johnson at his age.

Holbty cant play tomoz, Travis is out until Jan. We are light in that area. And he clearly doesn't fancy Davenport.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Rich Sharpe believes it's a done deal I'm afraid to say..
    Bennett is out for the rest of the year. He will be replacing him as a general squad player.

Is this still on because Downing is a free agent?
    I don't mind if he comes back. He won't get much game-time, but it is good to have a senior pro on the training-field.
    His problem is, he doesn't fit as easily into the current pattern, although he could probably play the Holtby role.

To be fair, Downing would have been a useful option from the bench v forest yesterday..

I feel he will be just that,useful as not only a guiding hand but also someone to see the game out.

return confirmed. desparate or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    return confirmed. desparate or what?
    Sums up the utter ****e we are now getting used to. Another complete waste of space.
    Far too old, was crap last season and we are going absolutely nowhere.
    Just leave Mowbray, I really am getting sick of you now.

Middlesborough will be hoping and praying Ayala, Pears, Chapman and Downing play tomorrow. We have really been sold some real ****e there.
    Actually, they will be praying Lehihan plays. He is the chief liability these days.

But this Downing episode sums up where they are.

How about fkning dealing with players not getting this virus? All the other 91 league clubs appear to be ontop if it. That would be a start.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)