+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It’s official. The lunatics are running the asylum

It’s official. The lunatics are running the asylum

Today my wife and I were out for lunch.
    When the waitress came to ask us if we wanted anything to drink my wife replied that she would like a glass of red wine. I had a soft drink because I am the car driver.
    The waitress informed my wife that unfortunately thanks to the current Scottish Government rules the restaurant could only serve soft drinks indoors but customers could drink alcohol outdoors.
    In my opinion this is a crazy and ill thought out rule.
    If people can drink alcohol outdoors until 10pm then surely people can also drink alcohol indoors with a meal up to 6pm as the restaurant is forced to close at 6pm every day.
    Nicola Sturgeon will be the first to complain when hundreds of people outwith the Central Belt of Scotland are made redundant as licensed restaurants go bust.
    This is crazy especially at this time of year. People drinking alcohol outdoors in the evening up to 10pm run the risk of catching pneumonia and ending up in intensive care in Hospital.
    I am interested to know how the drinking of soft drinks indoors instead of drinking alcohol with a meal in licensed restaurants is going to halt the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 15-10-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    When the waitress came to ask us if we wanted anything to drink my wife replied that she would like a glass of red wine. I had a soft drink because I am the car driver.
    The waitress informed my wife that unfortunately thanks to the current Scottish Government rules the restaurant could only serve soft drinks indoors but customers could drink alcohol outdoors.
    If people can drink alcohol outdoors until 10pm then surely people can also drink alcohol indoors up to 6pm when the restaurant is forced to close at 6pm every day.
    Nicola Sturgeon will be the first to complain when hundreds of people outwith the Central Belt of Scotland are made redundant as licensed restaurants go bust.
    This is crazy especially at this time of year. People drinking alcohol outdoors in the evening up to 10pm run the risk of catching pneumonia and ending up in intensive care in Hospital.
    I am interested to know how the drinking of soft drinks indoors instead of drinking alcohol with a meal in licensed restaurants is going to halt the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
    And you just found this out today?

Do keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    And you just found this out today?

Do keep up.
    I do not drink in pubs and the last time we were out for a meal was on Saturday 3rd October 2020 when this rule was not in force.
    I assumed that pubs and restaurants outwith the Central Belt of Scotland could sell alcohol indoors up to 6pm and outdoors up to 10pm which seems sensible to me.
    All was not lost as we had a delicious meal.

I do not drink in pubs and the last time we were out for a meal was on Saturday 3rd October 2020 when this rule was not in force.
    I assumed that pubs and restaurants outwith the Central Belt of Scotland could sell alcohol indoors up to 6pm and outdoors up to 10pm which seems sensible to me.
    All was not lost as we had a delicious meal.
    I mean you've only just realised the lunatics are running the asylum - been that way for many years - your Tory pals down in England are clear evidence of that.

The waitress informed my wife that unfortunately thanks to the current Scottish Government rules the restaurant could only sķerve soft drinks indoors but customers could drink alcohol outdoors.
    If people can drink alcohol outdoors until 10pm then surely people can also drink alcohol indoors with a meal up to 6pm as the restaurant is forced to close at 6pm every day.
    The alcohol encourages closer contacts and lowers inhibitions. Full Mark's to Mrs Islay for accepting the risks associated with alcohol while in your company.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    The alcohol encourages closer contacts and lowers inhibitions. Full Mark's to Mrs Islay for accepting the risks associated with alcohol while in your company.
    On the contrary Mrs Islay thinks that it is ridiculous that she cannot have a glass of wine along with her meal.

On the contrary Mrs Islay thinks that it is ridiculous that she cannot have a glass of wine along with her meal.
    I do feel sorry for Mrs Islay missing out on her alcohol, it must have made for a long lunch. I hope she made up for it that evening in the comfort of her own home

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    I do feel sorry for Mrs Islay missing out on her alcohol, it must have made for a long lunch. I hope she made up for it that evening in the comfort of her own home
    It was only a glass of wine.
    We had an excellent lunch. We normally have an evening meal when eating out but the current Scottish Government rules have stopped that as all restaurants must close at 6pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    My wife has a message for you. “I had a most enjoyable lunch with my husband and did not miss my glass of wine”.
    I have some information for you which I have emailed to the 1893 Foundation

Nicola Sturgeon should be explains how people in Scotland can dance in a nightclub without wearing a mask but people still have to wear a mask in a supermarket or shop.
    In my opinion the lunatics as still running the asylum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)