+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Match thread etc D.Utd v ABERDEEN

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    And yes it sounded like super Kev was yawning throughout the whole game
    To be fair super Kev played in a hell of a lot of borefests himself so he has a cheek

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    To be fair super Kev played in a hell of a lot of borefests himself so he has a cheek
    Just as well he wasn’t commentating last season - that game today was a joy to watch compared to the turgid dross of last season! I wonder if it’s maybe a nervous thing he has? Nobody could possibly yawn that much otherwise! Haha

I’m actually enjoying watching the games this season, the formation and style of play is easy on the eye and has for the most part been effective.

I hear what folk are saying about dropping Wright for missing chances and putting Watkins further back because he’s not really a striker - I agree to an extent, although I do wonder if the reason we’re making so many chances is because we have 3 creative players all linking up plus two wide players bombing forward with 2 box to box midfielders who can both score. We do lack a “natural” penalty box striker though so bringing Sam in might help.

Another point - we took wright off for Edmondson and if anything looked less likely to score after that - I don’t remember him doing anything of significance in the 30 mins he was on. So while Wright did miss a couple, he was at least getting the opportunities and helping create others.

I’m normally not a big McLennan fan but he played well today. We seem to have a settled shape and style now, so surely more time to work on some weaknesses in training - namely crossing and finishing. I would prescribe a week long game of headers and volleys.

A couple of very good passes from Ash Taylor also. His passing at times is atrocious so I will credit the lad when he is due it.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Just as well he wasn’t commentating last season - that game today was a joy to watch compared to the turgid dross of last season! I wonder if it’s maybe a nervous thing he has? Nobody could possibly yawn that much otherwise! Haha

I’m actually enjoying watching the games this season, the formation and style of play is easy on the eye and has for the most part been effective.

I hear what folk are saying about dropping Wright for missing chances and putting Watkins further back because he’s not really a striker - I agree to an extent, although I do wonder if the reason we’re making so many chances is because we have 3 creative players all linking up plus two wide players bombing forward with 2 box to box midfielders who can both score. We do lack a “natural” penalty box striker though so bringing Sam in might help.

Another point - we took wright off for Edmondson and if anything looked less likely to score after that - I don’t remember him doing anything of significance in the 30 mins he was on. So while Wright did miss a couple, he was at least getting the opportunities and helping create others.

I’m normally not a big McLennan fan but he played well today. We seem to have a settled shape and style now, so surely more time to work on some weaknesses in training - namely crossing and finishing. I would prescribe a week long game of headers and volleys.
    My concern with Cosgrove coming back into the team is whether or not he will be able to play in that system.

His hold up play isn’t great so the players might revert to hoofing the ball up to him which would make having guys like Hedges and Wright in the team pointless.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567