+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sean for England?

Sean for England?

Sean Dyche has been installed as the clear favourite to take over from Gareth Southgate as next permanent
    England national team manager.

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport...nd-job-3004969

Garlic would be happy with that,get him out of his hair.

I can't see Sean ever becoming England manager because 'they' want Engalnd to play a different type of football to the old English way and Sean would revert to doing what we were always best at. You need to be able to pass it 20 times before getting out of your third of the pitch before putting it out of play. Alternatively you have to include your keeper in at least 10 of those passes ---not for Sean!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I can't see Sean ever becoming England manager because 'they' want Engalnd to play a different type of football to the old English way and Sean would revert to doing what we were always best at. You need to be able to pass it 20 times before getting out of your third of the pitch before putting it out of play. Alternatively you have to include your keeper in at least 10 of those passes ---not for Sean!
    Bookies only reflect what punters put their money on. The post isn’t even vacant ..... though the manager is!!
    I agree with you super sub. Not a man that likes big egos, he’d have a dressing room full.
    Jumping in the river for bonding fines would work well in the Thames😀

perhaps not a good idea to inflict his Burnley game on the rest of the planet - there's absolutely no justification to advocate that internationally.

Bookies trying to part mugs from their money, like they do. There is no vacancy and there isn't likely to be one for a year or two yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

perhaps not a good idea to inflict his Burnley game on the rest of the planet - there's absolutely no justification to advocate that internationally.

norder ---I am not talking about the Burnley way, I am talking about the old Engalnd way, you know the way that the Danes beat us last night. Instead of passing sideways and backwards they were very efficient in looking to move forward at every opportunity and it worked because they realised that they score goals in the opponents goal which is achieved by going forward ---not sideways and backwards. It isn't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    norder ---I am not talking about the Burnley way, I am talking about the old Engalnd way, you know the way that the Danes beat us last night. Instead of passing sideways and backwards they were very efficient in looking to move forward at every opportunity and it worked because they realised that they score goals in the opponents goal which is achieved by going forward ---not sideways and backwards. It isn't rocket science.
    only seen the highlights so I cant really comment - Sub....but from what you say, it seems Denmark we're more direct, England were dilly-dallying - even then, the game was won against 10 men with a dubious pen - but if England lack creativity, then W-L-D, there'd be little to be joyful about anyway....seems par for the course across the modern game, its impeded .....with players so far up their overpaid shampood ars@ - steered by ego stuffed managers who "Never" get it wrong, imo.

Last edited by Norder; 16-10-2020 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Bookies trying to part mugs from their money, like they do. There is no vacancy and there isn't likely to be one for a year or two yet.
    Either Gerrard or Lampard are nailed on anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Either Gerrard or Lampard are nailed on anyway.
    I suppose Gerrard might be bored with the two horse race in Scotland, but why Frank would leave Chelsea for a part time job like England manager I've no idea. And Sean would have one big selling point for the FA, he'd come cheap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)