+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackpool

Can’t disagree with that, gaz. Beckles was, on the whole, better but went to sleep completely once or twice. Offord had a much stiffer task against their big fella but handled him well, I thought. Powell could, and perhaps should, have been hooked to give Dale a go but, to be fair, almost created a second out of next to nothing. I thought Murph had a decent game - who knew he could tackle? - as did Wintle but, apart from the goal, Ainley and Kirk were quiet.

It’s also worth commenting on the referee, who seemed to allow a lot of pretty obvious fouls to go, especially against Mandron, and then blow up for trivial offences. I guess like a lot of Scousers he wanted to be the centre of attention! Shame the only advantage he played over the whole match led to their equaliser. Ah well.

All in all a decent point from the best side we’ve played at home.

Yes, I agree about Offord. How cool is that lad? When's his contract up for renewal?

So, Sunderland next and Doncaster Ipswich and Lincoln coming. Doesn't get any easier!!

Well that first half display certainly brought me back down to earth. We were so poor. Not one attack of any significance. A slight improvement in the second half when we finally started to put some attacking attempts together. The only one that counted was when AINLEY combined well with Kirk to allow him to make an excellent cross which gave Mandron a simple goal (which he took well). In the end I felt that we were lucky to share the spoils.

A few points about the subs bench which before the start of the game the commentators went on about how strong and competitive it was. First thing that shocked me was that there were no CB`s included in case of injury. Actually only one defender. I felt that was a risk. The object of making changes in the last 30 minutes is for the purpose of changing a system that is not playing to its full potential. We made two changes in the end, and for me their contribution was bordering on non-existent. If that was the best we had available I fail to see how that could be termed as a strong bench. Personally I would have put Dale on. At least you know he will be competitive. Perhaps it is time to give a couple of our younger pros a chance.

I wouldn't have used Finney yesterday. His strength is finding positions from he is able to shoot. This relies on the midfield having control and having the space and time to pick him out. At no time in the game were conditions right. What he needed was Lowery on much earlier to get a hold on things through the middle. As it was, he came on much too late.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12