+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackpool

Blackpool

First prediction needs to be: will it happen?
    If it does, what can we expect? Well, to me, no matter how disciplined/professional a group of players might ordinarily be, the amount of fannying around that has been going on in the last two weeks is bound to have an impact. That in addition to stop/start with who's got Covid and the possible thought of who's next will be very unsettling.
    So if it goes ahead I'm going for 2-2. Not a day for defences.
    Scorers: Powell and Kirk.

The fannying. Around of which you speak didn’t seem to affect the team last Saturday, gaz, so I see no reason why it should tomorrow. Not sure who will be available for selection but I guess Finney and Dale may well be available and, with Will returning, we should have a very strong bench.

Will will obviously be back in goal, Beckles will start and I’d expect the rest to remain the same. Based on last Saturday, 3-1 to the Reds.

With DA's input on the OS, I will change my stance. The situation has changed as Oxford appear to be pushing the limits of acceptable behaviour. This would normally have a motivating effect upon their opponents. So, maybe the players will be positively charged for this game. As a result, I'll adjust my prediction to 2-1.

I seems that Oxford Utd are the problem club and are responsible for the called off game and they decided that Beckles was not eligible to play against Wigan, even though the EFL said he was, it seems Oxford did not want to play the game and put Crewe into a position where the game had to be called off, by making unfounded accusations against Crewe. Carl Robinson also took it upon himself to ring Crewe players up to try and find out information and Oxford even tried to bring in the health authorities and tried to get a police investigation going against Omar Beckles. It seems that Oxford have also been in touch with Wigan who are starting to ask questions now and that the Blackpool fixture is now in doubt as Crewe expect that Oxford will now be in touch with Blackpool, this is all to do with Oxford wanting the award of 3 points because they are too scared of playing Crewe. Crewe tested there entire squad on Wednesday and they all came back NEGATIVE. No one knows whether Blackpool will be another club scared of losing a game of football. So now we know the problems Crewe had and it all came from Oxford and Carl Robinson nothing to do with Crewe who wanted to play the game, which is why Crewe couldn't say why the game was called off as it all came from Oxford. Oxford and Carl Robinson are a disgrace.

As I’ve stated elsewhere I have no problem with Oxford wanting the first fixture postponed given Beckles’ positive test. However, as Mr Stopper says, the fixtures with Wigan and Blackpool have sod all to do with them. Furthermore, if the EFL had given clearance for Wintle and Beckles to play the rearranged fixture in Oxford (and Dale and Finney could not) then I don’t see what problem there could have been, especially as this position pertained last Saturday.

Robinson has always cultivated a veneer of sportsmanship as, for the most part, MKD played attractive football. However, they also had a nasty and cynical streak at the time (Delle Ali and Lewington being prime examples) which also seems to reflect the personality of their then manager.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    With DA's input on the OS, I will change my stance. The situation has changed as Oxford appear to be pushing the limits of acceptable behaviour. This would normally have a motivating effect upon their opponents. So, maybe the players will be positively charged for this game. As a result, I'll adjust my prediction to 2-1.
    DA also clearly said Dale and Finney now available as well - so competition for places on the bench even!

Hopefully those returnees WILL be competing from the bench as Powell beats Dale for me and any of the other senior midfielders should be ahead of Finney. IF Ainley can keep up his level of performance from the Wigan game then he will always have more impact than Finney.

Any other predictions??

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    I seems that Oxford Utd are the problem club and are responsible for the called off game and they decided that Beckles was not eligible to play against Wigan, even though the EFL said he was, it seems Oxford did not want to play the game and put Crewe into a position where the game had to be called off, by making unfounded accusations against Crewe. Carl Robinson also took it upon himself to ring Crewe players up to try and find out information and Oxford even tried to bring in the health authorities and tried to get a police investigation going against Omar Beckles. It seems that Oxford have also been in touch with Wigan who are starting to ask questions now and that the Blackpool fixture is now in doubt as Crewe expect that Oxford will now be in touch with Blackpool, this is all to do with Oxford wanting the award of 3 points because they are too scared of playing Crewe. Crewe tested there entire squad on Wednesday and they all came back NEGATIVE. No one knows whether Blackpool will be another club scared of losing a game of football. So now we know the problems Crewe had and it all came from Oxford and Carl Robinson nothing to do with Crewe who wanted to play the game, which is why Crewe couldn't say why the game was called off as it all came from Oxford. Oxford and Carl Robinson are a disgrace.

Robinson sounds like a manager whose job is under threat

Whew! Glad to get a point from that! At one stage, I thought, "How are Blackpool so low in the league?". However, it did become clear that despite the dominance, they didn't have a cutting edge. In fact, until they equalised, their nearest to a goal was from the near own goal from a 20 yard backpass that Will only just scrambled off the line. Their actual goal came through our long-standing inability to clear the ball with distance.
    So the Alex... slow to realise that if a team press far up the pitch, then you have to quickly get the ball behind them.
    However, Murphy and Wintle had a good game. Mandron had another good game, fighting for the ball when coming to him and then he pops up to score with his only chance.
    I thought Beckles had a better game. Powell looked below par and Ainley really couldn't get involved. If it had been me, I would have replaced the latter with Lowery, someone who can hold on to the ball better and is more competitive.
    I agree with DA that Blackpool couldn't really hurt us. A decent point in the end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast