+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Transfer Window

This Transfer Window

We said to judge it at the end of the window;

Incomings:

Gallagher
    Krovinovic
    Perriera
    Grant (subject to medical)
    Diangana
    Ivanovic
    Kipre
    Button
    Robinson

Got to say, its been a decent window in my opinion.

The only things I would have liked would have been to get a couple in earlier, strengthen both full backs area and maybe a stronger GK than Button.

Overall though, we've at least given ourselves a fighting chance. Not sure what else we could have done given the budget we had..

Crap window all we’ve done is add 4-5 players that can’t get in the team the others were here last year that only just managed to get up

A very weak squad

We have strengthened the squad, but not necessarily the team that much. Yet we were told we would sign players that would improve the first eleven. That ain't the case in my opinion. But it is what it is so we just have to suck it up and get on with supporting a club that ain't ever gonna compete with the big boys.

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Crap window all we’ve done is add 4-5 players that can’t get in the team the others were here last year that only just managed to get up

A very weak squad

I judge the window ( not by assets ) but on the strengthening of the squad since we gained promotion. We have lost Brunt and Barry but gained Ivanovic plus Gallagher and hopefully Grant.

So a crap window for me and it shows the Owner has no ambition or care! He will have at least 40/50 million of the Premier money in his pocket towards the purchase price!

Lets hope Bilic grows a pair against Burnley and STARTS with Ivanovic, Gallagher and Grant and they are not on the f uckin bench!

PS - I forgot Kipre from Wigan and perhaps he will get a run out in the reserves!

I’m 100% behind the new guys appearing vs Burnley...certainly Ivan and Gallagher.

My overall take on the result of this window is pretty well ‘as expected’ given the budget. Indeed probably as good as it gets within that confine. Disappointed that it always seems to take so long to complete the deal. But the Peace years have hardened me in that regard!

I was expecting a relegation dog-fight, so no surprise there!

Let’s hope we see some spirit and commitment.

We have the same defence as we had last season in the Championship and we couldn’t keep many clean sheets there, so how the hell are we supposed to cope in the Prem?

I don’t think we have enough ability or mental strength to survive. Too many players need to raise their game up a level and some more than that. Sure maybe one or two will hopefully surprise us and rise to the occasion but I’m not optimistic. But at the end of the season the owner will have one or two sellable assets he ( or she ) can advertise as proven in the premier league to boost our assault on the next promotion campaign in 2021.

I see Jack Butland has moved from Stoke to Palace today for £1m. Could have been worth a punt for us at that price instead of Button.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I see Jack Butland has moved from Stoke to Palace today for £1m. Could have been worth a punt for us at that price instead of Button.
    Is that all? He was touted as a possible England keeper not so long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    We said to judge it at the end of the window;

Incomings:

Gallagher
    Krovinovic
    Perriera
    Grant (subject to medical)
    Diangana
    Ivanovic
    Kipre
    Button
    Robinson

Got to say, its been a decent window in my opinion.

The only things I would have liked would have been to get a couple in earlier, strengthen both full backs area and maybe a stronger GK than Button.

Overall though, we've at least given ourselves a fighting chance. Not sure what else we could have done given the budget we had..
    Great window, considering our budget.
    I bet the Ferguson tribunal will go ahead now the window is closed, We could have done with that money and what our owners owes us
    £5m debt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)