+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The PL window is shut. What now

The PL window is shut. What now

Ownership and the board have made it crystal clear that it's all on Sean Dyche to keep Burnley up. - External Link

I have no control who writes this bollox.

Fake News ? ( its in the Sun ) https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...an-strasbourg/

Burnley eye Mohamed Simakan in £15m transfer after troubled window saw them miss out on Craig Dawson.

The Clarets scouts have backed an offer for the 20-year-old Strasbourg star, who has emerged as their favourite defensive target for the next window.

AC Milan tried to buy Simakan in the final days of the summer transfer window, while West Ham considered him as a £9m investment signing.
    Dyche had various disagreements with his staff and owner Mike Garlick that disrupted plans.

Disputes within Turf Moor were behind the failure to sign Watford defender Craig Dawson, 30, who joined the Hammers on loan.

Dyche did manage to hold onto James Tarkowski throughout the window though, despite bids of as much as £30m from West Ham and Leicester.

The Clarets knocked back all offers for the 27-year-old, who still has two years of his contract remaining.

Dyche was full of praise for the centre-back - who could now be joined at the club by Simakan, who has so far made 25 appearances for Strasbourg.

He said: "It’s tough for players. They have a lot of noise around them, even more so than ever, certainly way more than in my day, although I was no good!

“They’ve got media streams, social media, rumours, conjecture all going on all the time. So it’s more difficult for players now, I believe.

Alan Nixon, knows more about what goes on at Burnley FC than this entire msgboard put together, Simakan will be on our radar, you can trust our Al, he knows the time of day, best informed footy journo there is.

From Strasbourg to Burnley? No chance.

Sean knows what kind of players he wants to man the trenches, from experience he wants British and Irish lads and preferably white.

(Just strapping the tin hat on!) Incoming snowflake/PC/woke fire.

Don't think Sean gives a FF for their skin colour BT, I do think he likes players who can speak his language, and can tolerate a miserable, cold, wet Burnley winter.

The transfer window that has just closed indicate that it does not matter what Sean Dyche would like. There is little likelihood of our so called directors giving him the money to fulfil his wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Don't think Sean gives a FF for their skin colour BT, I do think he likes players who can speak his language, and can tolerate a miserable, cold, wet Burnley winter.
    His record on black players playing for Burnley during his tenure at Turf Moor speaks volumes sinkov. He still keeps taking the knee (or the pi-ss?) though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    His record on black players playing for Burnley during his tenure at Turf Moor speaks volumes sinkov. He still keeps taking the knee (or the pi-ss?) though.
    Nahki Wells, Aaron Lennon, Andre Gray, Tendayi Darikwa, Dane Richards, Marvin Sordell, Lloyd Dyer, Josh Ginnelly, Steven Reid, Dan Agyei, Joel Mumbongo, Christian N'Guessan, at Watford, Chris Iwelumo, Prince Buaban, Nyron Nosworthy.

He's signed more black players than you can shake a ****ty stick at BT, sadly most of them didn't play much because most of them just weren't up to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    The transfer window that has just closed indicate that it does not matter what Sean Dyche would like. There is little likelihood of our so called directors giving him the money to fulfil his wish list.
    That’s closer to the truth I think vintage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)