+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack Marriott

Jack Marriott

Gone on a season long loan to Wendy. Option to recall in January.

Disappointed...about two years ago I thought we’d got a ‘star’. Hasn’t really worked out. Not sure if that’s his attitude, injuries or not playing to his strengths.
    I know players say what they’re told when they go to a new club, but saying that he ‘likes the way they play football’, by implication, rings alarm bells although tbf Lampard seemed to struggle as much as Cocu to get the best out of him.

Good, I hope he signs for them, bit of a busted flush as far as I'm concerned. What would you do with a car that unreliable? You'd get shut. Mind you, lets see if we've acquired anything better, tonight may start to tell the tale

I can understand getting rid of JM but to get rid and not bring in another striker seems bonkers to me! Looks like a very long season ahead! We do look very poor and seem to have no idea what we're doing. If I'd have been in charge of Watford I'd have taken the goalkeeper off
    and put on another striker as the keeper wasn't needed! Only October but I'm depressed again!

So who's responsible for the lack of striker situation? Cocu, Morris, A N Other?

Rattea

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    We seem to have no idea what we're doing.
    THAT's the worry. Maybe Cocu has been so obsessed with sideways passing in the defensive third of the pitch because he has no idea about how to attack, it seemed like that last eve

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    THAT's the worry. Maybe Cocu has been so obsessed with sideways passing in the defensive third of the pitch because he has no idea about how to attack, it seemed like that last eve
    Don't know why in are present demise, we don't just go for it 4 4 2 or even 4 3 1 2
    I think Marriott would thrive with a strike partner
    We played are best ever football when we won the promotion about 20 odd years ago if I remember right Ron Willems in behind Sturridge & Gabbiadini

Our squad doesn't just to fit, we have too many players who haven't got a position that works

Evans - midfield - defence who knows
    Bielik - same
    Rooney - first he's deep mid, then he's up front then he's in behind the striker
    Knight Sibley Whiitaker - where is their rightful position I not sure
    Waghorn - Wide - up front who knows
    Shinnie - Bird - just deep lying midfielders - don't we need midfield runners who will go beyond the forwards sometime ala Hughes Hendrick Bryson

The way I see it
    The back four is ok if we play Wisdom or Te Wierk instead of Evans
    One holder of Bird Shinnie or Bielik Bielik if fit
    Joziwak Knight Lawrence Ibe or Holmes as four in advanced midfield
    Waghorn or Kazim Richards up top
    That's about the best you could do if they all get fit

No way would that team be a top six team

until we form a squad of players proper suited to make a solid team unit we are screwed

Dont get me going Eddy, that 95 96 team was my favourite, it had everything this current mess hasn't - well drilled, committed, leaders aplenty, and always a bit fitter than the opposition (apart from maybe Sunderland), we won a number of games purely through graft even when 'off form' (Huddersfield away around Christmas 95 was a classic like that). You mentioned Ron, who scored that day, and it was clear even to a tactical thicko like me he played a role, who knows what anyone's role is at present? I think its having the biggest impact on the youngsters, who's body language (Bird the most obvious example) has just slumped. My Aberdonian pal can't believe Shinnie isn't running on exactly as you mention and thinks he must be being told not to. Jesus Wept.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Dont get me going Eddy, that 95 96 team was my favourite, it had everything this current mess hasn't - well drilled, committed, leaders aplenty, and always a bit fitter than the opposition (apart from maybe Sunderland), we won a number of games purely through graft even when 'off form' (Huddersfield away around Christmas 95 was a classic like that). You mentioned Ron, who scored that day, and it was clear even to a tactical thicko like me he played a role, who knows what anyone's role is at present? I think its having the biggest impact on the youngsters, who's body language (Bird the most obvious example) has just slumped. My Aberdonian pal can't believe Shinnie isn't running on exactly as you mention and thinks he must be being told not to. Jesus Wept.
    I've heard the same from someone who watches Scottish football, Shinnie isn't the same player for us, but then how often have we seen that at Derby? Is there something at Moor farm which turns good or decent players ****e when they train there?

Loaning out Marriott to a local rival and one whom we could well be scrapping with to avoid relegation is madness to me but hey what do I know. Just glad I'm not paying to watch this pile of ****e!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)