+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Who will lead the line against Watford?

Colin ****er!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Cocu seems to have been dogged by rank bad luck ever since he arrived.
    As proved yet again by Rooney's Corona isolation.

He must have run over a black cat.......

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    As proved yet again by Rooney's Corona isolation.

He must have run over a black cat.......
    More than one, methinks MA. God knows who makes these things up, but there appear to be three collective nouns for cats...’clowder, pounce and glaring’. I reckon Cocu has had a terminal encounter with all three.

Did he. Really? Or is that just the rose coloured tint from Old Trafford and Elland Road? There were good results and performances, as there have been at times under Cocu, but there was also some real dross from Lampard including ‘spankings’ from Villa and Leeds and home defeats to the likes of Millwall if I remember rightly. I don’t remember him handling Johnson or Marriott well when the going got tough, and we had our traditional New Year collapse when I really don’t remember many being desperate to go to the Stadium. Certainly you can’t begin to compare the football under Lampard with the genuine excitement produced by Jim Smith, post Stimac’s arrival, and McClaren Mk1.

Can’t argue with GP’s first paragraph and as mista suggests we could argue pointlessly for ever over the relative merits of Cocu and Lampard.
    I’m just not sure that Frank is all he’s cracked up to be and I certainly think that, despite his undeniable failings, Cocu seems to have been dogged by rank bad luck ever since he arrived.

Questions are I suppose...without entering into malicious character assassination...a) is he going to stay? b) do we want him to?...and maybe after Friday...c) who do we want instead?
    It was just the impression I got, not saying he was as successful match by match as I’d hoped. But every home game (That I could get to) I still rocked up with hope.i have none now, especially after listening to Cocu’s after match interview, he’s talking incremental improvements and we are just way off. To answer your questions it depends on Friday. Defeat means no, no and if he’s available, Pulis. Any other result and we’ll just have to wait and see

More than one, methinks MA. God knows who makes these things up, but there appear to be three collective nouns for cats...’clowder, pounce and glaring’. I reckon Cocu has had a terminal encounter with all three.
    So its bad luck that he has to date brought in pretty much dross - other than...wait for it a loan player in Clarke? I'll wait a while before getting excited about Byrn and the others.

Unlike the others you give Cocu a lot of excuses, now correct me if I'm wrong but other managers have to cope with injuries to key players, corona virus, budget constraints and the rest. So I don't buy that excuse of "luck" it certainly doesn't excuse his banal strange after match talks to the press, when one wonders if he was watching the same game!

Still I guess we are now only losing by the odd goal now so thats an improvement!

The football is ****e, the tactics unfathomable and we are league 1 bound at this rate. Unfortunately Mel has presided over a decline for this club, despite or even because of the money he has spent.

Oh and losing Rooney didn't seem to be that big an issue so was that bad luck for Cocu?

Hmmm...I get it, you’re pissed off after last night, me too...but here’s a thing...it isn’t actually my fault so let’s calm down a little.

‘Pretty much bought dross’. I disagree...I acknowledged that Clarke was a loan but he’s a second season loan and constitutes a good signing.
    Byrne looks like a good player in a poor side...Jozwiak showed encouraging flashes but I’ll reserve judgement until he has someone to actually get the ball into and our biggest problem last season was the goalkeeper which, imo, has been very well addressed in the signing of Marshall.

On the subject of luck. Someone once said ‘give me a lucky manager over a good one every time’.
    Take Klopp, a great football manager imo, but time and time again he and Liverpool enjoyed huge slices of good fortune last season.
    That good fortune seems to have currently deserted him and we’ll see how it pans out this time round.
    Cocu enjoyed very little, if any, good fortune last season...that’s just how it goes sometimes...it’s not an ‘excuse’...just an observation and yes losing Rooney’s versatility and leadership for three crucial matches in such stupid circumstances was more evidence of ‘bad luck’ especially given the number of set pieces we completely wasted last night.

Having said that...last night ‘the football was ****e and the tactics unfathomable’, I can’t disagree. I’ve seldom been so depressed by a Derby performance. I’m dreading Friday evening and think, sadly, it’s probably Phil Collins time for Cocu, ‘One More Might’.

One more might be the end of him???

The worry is, who, if anybody, can turn this around?
    Even with a full squad, (if we ever get one!) I don't see much hope whoever might get the short stick should Mel's trigger finger once again twitch!
    Pulis, McCarthy, Howe or ano, good luck to them!
    To me, this squad right across the board is bereft of the quality needed to compete even in the nether reaches of this league. Is there three worse than us I ask myself??
    To simplify things, we are in the doggy doo!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    One more might be the end of him???
    Lol...sorry...’One More Night’, like last night...might be the end of him.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)