+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will lead the line against Watford?

Who will lead the line against Watford?

With the latest transfer of Jack M to Wendy on a season long loan and the option to recall in January. Who will lead the line tonight?

Probably Rooney and that, IMO, would be a mistake. He will still keep coming back looking for the ball inside our half rather than leading the line. Also not the quickest anymore.

If we then discount Rooney, who do we play there then? Waggy isn't yet fit enough according to Cocu. Three days of full training with the squad after 8 weeks out with a calf muscle problem has me agreeing with Cocu. Too soon for Waggy.

I don't think CK-R is match fit either.

That leaves us with 3 alternatives.

Jamahl H-I who has been on the bench all season and had a good sub appearance at Norwich. Jack Stretton from the 23s who scores for fun there as he did last season for the 18s. Bartosz Cybulski who is hitting enough in the 18s to get called up for Poland U19s.

That is also the order of my preference of the 3.

This is a strange move IMO to farm Jack out. No fit senior striker (Wazza isn't a striker these days IMO) meaning we will have to rely on a young un OR on owd un in the Roo which we really shouldn't do.

I think we've worked out that we never pass / cross it to a striker, and we get over-run in midfield, so why bother having a striker?

But, Rooney for me. Either play him as a striker, or not at all.

It all seems a bugger's muddle to me. Ibe not match ready, Lawrence and Waghorn partially back from injury but questionably match ready, Jozwiak out and out winger, CKR cant be ready and doesn't seem to be a striker, so we shift out our only real central striking option (and he's not really that). Leaving, as MA says either Rooney or some youngsters with nex to no experience.

Looks to me as though we are assembling a tikki takki front 6 with noone in that central role. Not the sort of thing that seems to be to be likely to work in the championship where they will all just get kicked up in the air.

Where's Emile Heskey when you need him

Bobby Duncan?

Not sure that CK-R won’t be fit. He’s said to have been training with the squad for a while.

Don’t get what’s going on though unless a big - stature wise - signing is still to be made today.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 16-10-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Bobby Duncan?

Not sure that CK-R won’t be fit. He’s said to have been training with the squad for a while.

Don’t get what’s going on though unless a big - stature wise - signing is still to be made today.
    (1) Given that most seem to reckon our squad isn't fit anyway, not sure that makes CKR match fit 😭

(2) it does seem a mystery,. Maybe they can graft some stilts onto Harry Wilson

Waggy not ready for tonight. Lawro is apparently. Bielik isn't.

Wilson looks off to Cardiff for a £1.2M loan fee. We can't afford THAT ?? 'Kin ridiculous. Funds weren't huge but, it seems, Covid has scuppered it completely.

Where's Private Frazer when you need him

Private Fraser, as an undertaker, has probably been very busy in his day job as an undertaker for the last 9 months

Of course, we'll now win 4-0

So, now we know the answer - noone.

Hugely negative looking set up, but who knows....

a marginal improvement over previous games. marginal

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)