+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's What A Championship Club Should Be Doing

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    That's the kind of point I was referring to , you starve a hungry man long enough any piece of rotten meat will delight him .

I wouldn't go as far to say rotten meat but our expectations must and should be along the lines of what we've done today .

This is a championship club who want to remain one and this is how you go about achieving it .

I'll give it a 7 out of 10 .
    Realistic comment Animal. Somewhere today we have turned a corner. Let’s hope we build on it in the coming window

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Would your expectations be to sign a young player from Scotland, that no ones ever heard of? Or another one of Inexperience?
    We have signed a mixture today of “potential youth“ and experience, plus extended a 14 goal striker....(yes he is off the boil at the moment........but...) yes, James has injury rehabilitation issues, but he has shown he can operate at this level (in front of our very own fans)..... maybe you were boycotting the matches or not by this time, but he was a class player in my eyes....
    Perhaps you can list two players you would realistically have signed today.
    Name players please SB you would be happy with? You seem to be unhappy with a young lad from Liverpool, and a lad who performed very well last time he was here. You don’t want unknown youth to develop, you aren’t impressed with bringing experienced players like James.....
    Just name some players YOU would be happy with us signing today..... realistic names.
    In this transfer window rather than just yesterday

1 Gone to £2 million to sign Lyndon Dykes

2 Ben Whiteman

We haven't "signed" any "experience" Jules. We have agreed to rehabilitate a player and get him match fit to send him back in ten weeks. I bet Leicester can't stop laughing. The "Liverpool player" has, like Christie Davies, played one or two games in the League Cup when Klopp was making a point about too many games/ Like I posted when he signed, "Good luck to the lad".
    Last edited by SBRed48; 17-10-2020 at 07:49 AM.

If matty james is fit he's a great signing. Worked his socks off last time he was here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red syy View Post
    If matty james is fit he's a great signing. Worked his socks off last time he was here!!!
    The first five words are key.
    I hope he gets match fit early in the ten weeks rather than just cameos so we can benefit as well as Leicester. He is a good player, that's why he's not on our books.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The first five words are key.
    I hope he gets match fit early in the ten weeks rather than just cameos so we can benefit as well as Leicester. He is a good player, that's why he's not on our books.
    Fair point

Disagree.
    It is NOT what a Championship should be doing - and the Bristol game was proof of that.
    The manager/coach did NOT have enough options on the bench.
    Woodrow needed replacing - so a target man could be brought on to bring midfielders into an attacking position.
    Woodrow has been woeful for months now but there isn’t a replacement at the club.
    And - if James isn’t able to get up to speed then we only have young Palmer at the club who could be considered an holding midfielder.

So NO - the directors of the club have yet to create a FULL SQUAD which is capable of establishing themselves in the Championship.
    Hugely disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Disagree.
    It is NOT what a Championship should be doing - and the Bristol game was proof of that.
    The manager/coach did NOT have enough options on the bench.
    Woodrow needed replacing - so a target man could be brought on to bring midfielders into an attacking position.
    Woodrow has been woeful for months now but there isn’t a replacement at the club.
    And - if James isn’t able to get up to speed then we only have young Palmer at the club who could be considered an holding midfielder.

So NO - the directors of the club have yet to create a FULL SQUAD which is capable of establishing themselves in the Championship.
    Hugely disappointing.
    The only time I've ever thought we've had a complete squad at this level was in 1996 / 97 when Hendrie came in in October .

Other than that we are always three or four players short of what we need .

Woodrow needed to remain with his mojo back destroyed by Struber in my opinion and we've got that but he needs another striker to play off like he had with Kieffer Moore .

Got to be somebody on that free agent list who we can get to do us a job , he doesn't have to be prolific but brings others in to get the goals we need .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The only time I've ever thought we've had a complete squad at this level was in 1996 / 97 when Hendrie came in in October .

Other than that we are always three or four players short of what we need .

Woodrow needed to remain with his mojo back destroyed by Struber in my opinion and we've got that but he needs another striker to play off like he had with Kieffer Moore .

Got to be somebody on that free agent list who we can get to do us a job , he doesn't have to be prolific but brings others in to get the goals we need .
    Yep - we all know Woodrow is a good player.
    Not been the same since Moore left.

Our strikers are yet to score a goal from open play.

Woodrow has scored two penalties and defender Helik has one from a corner.

Our owners have had three months to bring in a dominant striker but have not. We wouldn't go to the £2million QPR paid for Dykes.

The fact we look at our most dangerous when a big Centre Back is sent upfield in a panic last throw of the dice because we don't have anyone on the bench illustrates the problem.

The league begins to take shape after about ten games. To add to our 2pts from 15 so far we have coming up Stoke A, Millwall A, QPR H, Watford H, Cardiff A, Derby A.

Our poor recruitment this transfer window could see us remain in the relegation zone forra long time.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Our strikers are yet to score a goal from open play.

Woodrow has scored two penalties and defender Helik has one from a corner.

Our owners have had three months to bring in a dominant striker but have not. We wouldn't go to the £2million QPR paid for Dykes.

The fact we look at our most dangerous when a big Centre Back is sent upfield in a panic last throw of the dice because we don't have anyone on the bench illustrates the problem.

The league begins to take shape after about ten games. To add to our 2pts from 15 so far we have coming up Stoke A, Millwall A, QPR H, Watford H, Cardiff A, Derby A.

Our poor recruitment this transfer window could see us remain in the relegation zone forra long time.
    Struber didn't want to be fecking around with a development type striker , he wanted someone who could come in and hit the ground running .

As we know these feck wits won't invest as championship ready strikers cost more than the club standard £1.2m .

We could have had Moore back for £2m safe in the knowledge that he'd gel with Woodrow , absolutely no gamble what so ever .

We'd more ambition in the mid 70's than we have now on Grove Street .

Fair do's we'd a good day on friday but the problem up top still remains and as you say SB its likely to be a problem all season .

In fact it's been a problem since Moore left over 12 months ago .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast