+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It's What A Championship Club Should Be Doing

Quote Originally Posted by french_frog01 View Post
    I've been banging on about Leon Clarke to anyone who'd listen since January. We should have gone and taken him on loan then. Given him a shop window to win his next contract and hopefully have taken him ourselves. Previous comments also correct that we've never replaced Moore, he was massively underrated in my opinion. We got lucky on Saturday in terms of the penalty. If teams get 10 men behind the ball we're going to struggle to get any clear chances in these games. For me it's a poor transfer window overall considering the positive position we came into it in, both on the field and financially. Not good enough Dane!!!!!
    Can’t disagree with any of that.
    Clarke would have done a great job for us - but the thing is there are dozens of similar Clarke’s out there.
    Surely to goodness there is a young tall quick centre forward (especially on the continent) that is good at holding the ball up and bringing other forwards and midfielders into play ?!?!?
    But we didn’t manage to land any of them.

Which IMO means only one thing - Struber could see the problem - the majority of the supporters can see the problem ........... James Cryne can’t see any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Can’t disagree with any of that.
    Clarke would have done a great job for us - but the thing is there are dozens of similar Clarke’s out there.
    Surely to goodness there is a young tall quick centre forward (especially on the continent) that is good at holding the ball up and bringing other forwards and midfielders into play ?!?!?
    But we didn’t manage to land any of them.

Which IMO means only one thing - Struber could see the problem - the majority of the supporters can see the problem ........... James Cryne can’t see any problem.
    Genuine question--

Who runs recruitment on a daily basis at Grove Street and who has the final say about a player ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Genuine question--

Who runs recruitment on a daily basis at Grove Street and who has the final say about a player ?
    That's the most important question, even more so than who the manager is going to be. I don't think we'll ever get the true answer though

Genuine question--

Golden Ball's ? Has had some input over the last few season's , don't know how much he has now though ,
    I'll leave you to guess who that is , not naming anyone myself

Genuine question--

What is said at supporters meetings is basically this:

James Cryne has devised a way of identifying potential signings for every position in the team.
    The coach/manager identifies which position in the team needs to be strengthened.
    The CEO then presents the list of potential signings for that position to the coach/manager - and they go through the stats and watch video clips of those players.
    The coach/manager prioritise the players into a table of which is the preferred player e.g if they can’t get priority 1 then they move to priority 2 etc.
    The CEO then liaises with the Barnsley owners, the targeted players agent and the club he his presently at.

Two things to say about this.
    Gerhard Struber openly said we need strikers - either the club hasn’t listened to him or something has gone disastrously wrong.

Secondly - Brittain was signed 3 weeks after he was a free agent i.e. 3 weeks after he had signed another contract.
    Obviously he was on the list of potential signings but it seems that Ritzmaier and Ludewig leaving has left the club wrong footed which may have cost the club a signing on fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    What is said at supporters meetings is basically this:

James Cryne has devised a way of identifying potential signings for every position in the team.
    The coach/manager identifies which position in the team needs to be strengthened.
    The CEO then presents the list of potential signings for that position to the coach/manager - and they go through the stats and watch video clips of those players.
    The coach/manager prioritise the players into a table of which is the preferred player e.g if they can’t get priority 1 then they move to priority 2 etc.
    The CEO then liaises with the Barnsley owners, the targeted players agent and the club he his presently at.

Two things to say about this.
    Gerhard Struber openly said we need strikers - either the club hasn’t listened to him or something has gone disastrously wrong.

Secondly - Brittain was signed 3 weeks after he was a free agent i.e. 3 weeks after he had signed another contract.
    Obviously he was on the list of potential signings but it seems that Ritzmaier and Ludewig leaving has left the club wrong footed which may have cost the club a signing on fee.
    No mention then in the build up as to how much they are prepared to spend which surely must be key
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 20-10-2020 at 01:27 PM.

We have gone ovva scores of times the system of recruitment. A dint really mean that Nudge. Most agree what tha ez sed is the system. What a meant is who is in charge day to day ?

Izzit James Cryne ? Is he full time ?
    Izzit Billy Beane ? Does he work at Grove Street ?
    Who does the Head of Recruitment (dunt know his/her name) report to / get his/her instructions from ?
    What does Dane do ? The financials ? Negotiations with clubs ?
    Who has the final say-Yes or No whether to buy or sell or loan ? Dane? Meytloaf ? The 80 % together ? All the owners ? I knoe Dane is CEO, an employee, but are decisions below a certain amount of money delegated to him ?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 20-10-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234