Quote Originally Posted by french_frog01 View Post
I've been banging on about Leon Clarke to anyone who'd listen since January. We should have gone and taken him on loan then. Given him a shop window to win his next contract and hopefully have taken him ourselves. Previous comments also correct that we've never replaced Moore, he was massively underrated in my opinion. We got lucky on Saturday in terms of the penalty. If teams get 10 men behind the ball we're going to struggle to get any clear chances in these games. For me it's a poor transfer window overall considering the positive position we came into it in, both on the field and financially. Not good enough Dane!!!!!
Can’t disagree with any of that.
Clarke would have done a great job for us - but the thing is there are dozens of similar Clarke’s out there.
Surely to goodness there is a young tall quick centre forward (especially on the continent) that is good at holding the ball up and bringing other forwards and midfielders into play ?!?!?
But we didn’t manage to land any of them.

Which IMO means only one thing - Struber could see the problem - the majority of the supporters can see the problem ........... James Cryne can’t see any problem.