+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Deen', 'Todders', Anchor Man', 'Donkey' . fit else 'rips yer knittin' ?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    The list is endless, all corporate waffle deserves a punch in the face.

The one that really been annoying me over the past year is the way politicians start every sentence with “well look”
    That and when they start with "Listen".

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    That and when they start with "Listen".
    I would say they started with Blair.
    He certainly over used them.

Anyone that starts a sentence with, "So.."

Definitely "definately". And for some reason it seems to be a footballer thing - you can't get through a match on RedTV without some guest commentator or someone being interviewed saying "definately". (Obviously, that lovely Andrew Considine would never say such a thing, such a well-spoken loon. His Banchory Academy education shines through.)

'Legend' is overused by the current generation, but I don't mind. It's nice to see them enthusiastic about life.

The ones that really twist my melons are these American importations that are designed to undermine whoever is arguing against you - most of all "haters", but also "whatever", etc. Just childish devices to put someone down without actually addressing the point they're making. As if none of us are capable of making critical value judgments from time to time without being nothing but "haters". We're all flipping haters of something or someone at some point in time, but it doesn't mean it's not without good reason. Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Anyone that starts a sentence with, "So.."
    Aye!!! .... fkn hate that as weel ..... grrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Aye!!! .... fkn hate that as weel ..... grrrrr!
    Singing from the same hymn sheet
    Silos
    Cohorts
    Anything that comes from the mouth of our head of directorate or chief executive

Mis-pronouncing “Off Topic” as “Stand Free Forum”.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Definitely "definately". And for some reason it seems to be a footballer thing - you can't get through a match on RedTV without some guest commentator or someone being interviewed saying "definately". (Obviously, that lovely Andrew Considine would never say such a thing, such a well-spoken loon. His Banchory Academy education shines through.)

'Legend' is overused by the current generation, but I don't mind. It's nice to see them enthusiastic about life.

The ones that really twist my melons are these American importations that are designed to undermine whoever is arguing against you - most of all "haters", but also "whatever", etc. Just childish devices to put someone down without actually addressing the point they're making. As if none of us are capable of making critical value judgments from time to time without being nothing but "haters". We're all flipping haters of something or someone at some point in time, but it doesn't mean it's not without good reason. Rant over.
    Rant over , that’s another annoying ane

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Definitely "definately". And for some reason it seems to be a footballer thing - you can't get through a match on RedTV without some guest commentator or someone being interviewed saying "definately".
    I think Charlie Nicholas was the first I heard do that. During his first spell with the Stinkies, he was interviewed after a Scotland game at Hampden, and used it frequenately.

So jarring was it, that when the coverage reverted to the studio, Archie, or Dougie, or whichever of the Tillycoultry near Stirling sporting mafia was on duty, mimicked it in a comment along the lines of “well, we definately know what Charlie thinks, and that makes him even more adorable and I’ll be knocking one out over the footage in the studio lavvie as soon as I’ve done patronising you pricks”.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 17-10-2020 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast