+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Deen', 'Todders', Anchor Man', 'Donkey' . fit else 'rips yer knittin' ?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    So “chippie” is a guffy term.

Thank fcuk it’s a chipper up here
    Surprisingly, some words of the English language are shared by people speaking it in England. Mental eh? There’s no seal suppers on the menu down here. That’s when you know you’re in a chippy

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Surprisingly, some words of the English language are shared by people speaking it in England. Mental eh? There’s no seal suppers on the menu down here. That’s when you know you’re in a chippy
    Yeah chippie , we go to the chippie after the footie

Our chippy’s just been round to leave, in the garage, the kit he needs to install new doors in the hoose on Monday.

No smell of lard or vinegar about him at all, which I take to be irrefutable proof that a chippy is a joiner/carpenter. If pressed, I may call on “FACT. End of” in my summing-up.

He’s nae a fitba fan though, which raises wrong ‘un suspicions. I’ll keep an eye on him and report back.

I think that ‘chippy’ used to describe a chip shop or chipper is borderline racist too.

https://youtu.be/ZUcK0E3Nql0

No further questions m’lud.

Since Fife has got the best chip shops in Scotland I'm putting forward chippy as the definitive answer. A chipper is something you put branches in to make woodchips.

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    Since Fife has got the best chip shops in Scotland I'm putting forward chippy as the definitive answer. A chipper is something you put branches in to make woodchips.
    Yep. Bet there’s no Puffin Nuggets on the menu boards in Fife either

chippy
    Racist.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Racist.
    I think I’ll just head off to my local fried potato establishment .....the owner regular over cooks said potatoes but I’m very tolerant of this as I know that black chips matter

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    I think I’ll just head off to my local fried potato establishment .....the owner regular over cooks said potatoes but I’m very tolerant of this as I know that black chips matter
    I’m now trying to erase from my memory a term I once heard used (around 1973, I think) as an alternative to ‘black pudden’. The user of the term (no longer alive) made McGlashan out of Absolutely sound like Kofi Annan.

Point of order.
    The best Chip shop’s are up in Aberdeenshire.
    Current encumbrance is the Carron Fish and Chip shop in Stonehaven.

So it’s definitely the chipper

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast