+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Deen', 'Todders', Anchor Man', 'Donkey' . fit else 'rips yer knittin' ?

'Deen', 'Todders', Anchor Man', 'Donkey' . fit else 'rips yer knittin' ?

'Deen', 'Todders', Anchor Man', 'Donkey' . fit else 'rips yer knittin' ?

We go again? Traffic cones? Happy clappers? Pants pishers?

Stuff folk say that negates every ither word that might actually hae some value .. ken? ... like for me, the pronunciation of the word 'definitely'.

Even correctly pronounced, it is overused .... there are so many alternatives.

Absolutely.
    Aye
    Surely
    Ah believe so
    Ah would say
    Affirmative Captain
    Nail on the heid
    Spot on
    Couldna hae said/put it better
    Totally ( ... but nae 'totes' !)
    In a nutshell
    'at's the size o' it
    Like ye say
    Likewise
    Ye need tae ask?
    If ye say so
    Ah winna argue
    Yer nae wrang
    Depends fa ye ask
    It works for me
    Ah can go wi that
    time will tell
    On the face o' it, Aye, but then yer comparin apples wi Oranges ... which is fine til ye realise there's nae such a thing as an Apple basτard.

..... so ... plenty o' options tae reply or affirm ... and nithin wrang wi usin 'definitely' if it is the best fit.

.... but 'defin - AYT - lay' ... is the fυckin mark o' the halfwit ... and nearly always an indicator o' weegiphilia..... especially delivered nasaly.... giz ma the fυckin creeps!

....and so ... over to you

The list is endless, all corporate waffle deserves a punch in the face.

The one that really been annoying me over the past year is the way politicians start every sentence with “well look”

"Going forward". Fack's that aboot? Its nae like yer going to reverse time and go backwards is it?

Totally pointless newspeak.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    The list is endless, all corporate waffle deserves a punch in the face.

The one that really been annoying me over the past year is the way politicians start every sentence with “well look”
    Aye that’s a bad ane , you’ll have a hard job convincing someone you’re a member of Mensa if you’re starting a sentence like that ...

Obviously is one that gets thrown in a lot too and repeated throughout a sentence, almost as bad as saying eeeeemmm or ummmmm

“Thinking outside of the box” is a phrase that annoys me , usually said by smart arses that believe they are cleverer than they actually are

facts

At the end of the day

First thing in the morning , fan I’m just waking up , when someone shouts at me , get oot ma garden you drunken b’stard and stop pishin in ma floooer beds .....that annoys me that ane

Or when someone challenges me for my choice of suit when I’m in Glasgow city centre

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast