+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Maidenhead Utd. 17.10.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Sorry Swale, but I don't get the handbags thing here. I posted what I thought was a rational post about our approach to adversity, laddo replied with one of those stupid smiling faces. What does that even mean?

I posted an honest opinion about the Maidenhead game, he posted............................. a silly smiley. Make your own minds up.
    Fair enough.

By the way the smiling face emjoi simply represents a smiling face, amusement or happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Our goals were from Knowles and Rodrigues. DM should perhaps have scored too but blazed over..
    Doh, yeah I meant he set one up and knowles scored

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    By the way the smiling face emjoi simply represents a smiling face, amusement or happiness.
    Thank you for the explanation. I still don't see how in isolation it adds anything at all to a discussion.

Then again, I also think 'lol' is moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Thank you for the explanation. I still don't see how in isolation it adds anything at all to a discussion.

Then again, I also think 'lol' is moronic.
    Why do you get so rattled by a smiling face or a laughing emoji? Why is a smiling face stupid? Why do you think lol is moronic? What about haha that we witness a lot of the time? Is that moronic also?

You came to a conclusion in your head which prompted a question whether I was laughing at the fact we lost to Maidenhead at home? How did you get to that question? No idea why you would think that.

Back on topic. Is the covid excuse a fans thing or a club thing?

No doubt being without 4/5 first team options for whatever reason be it suspension, injury or pandemic is clearly detrimental to our chances and disrupts a winning side. In my opinion, although weakened defend set plays correctly, do your job as a defender and none of that matters we win the game.

Lol sounds like something a ****age girl types like yolo or rofl or pmsl. You also use it in quite a patronising way so you put someone down with a smug post then type lol at the end which compounds the issue. Ha ha is more I'm joking in the post or laughing at myself, you make lol sound like you're laughing at someone after usually putting them down. You asked that's all, apart from that have a good day Laddo.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Why do you get so rattled by a smiling face or a laughing emoji?
    I don't get rattled by them, I just find them stupid.

Why is a smiling face stupid?
    Because when it's posted as the sole thing in the post it says nothing, apart from suggesting you find the post you're replying to amusing. The point of my post was clearly about the way we react to adversity - we use it as an excuse far too often, even down to the length of the grass at Dover! I don't get why you would see that as a laughing matter.

Why do you think lol is moronic?
    Because it apparently stands for 'laugh out loud'. How many people do you think actually laugh out loud when you use it?

What about haha that we witness a lot of the time? Is that moronic also?
    Depends on the context it's used in. It can be valid or moronic.

Don't sweat the small stuff mate, jeez.

You care far too much about the use of emoji and acronyms .

Yet for a self confessed member of the 'Spelling and Grammar Police' you don't seem bothered about people constantly misspelling the word "lose". A 4 letter word that is very easy to spell, commonly used in a football context especially when talking about Notts yet repeatedly people throw in that extra 'o'.

Spelling on a football message board isng important to me I don't care I can automatically translate loose to lose with no hassle at all. Yet for someone who gets rattled by or lol you turn a blind eye. So contradictory.

Bent copper?

Don't sweat the small stuff mate, jeez.

You care far too much about the use of emoji and acronyms .

Yet for a self confessed member of the 'Spelling and Grammar Police' you don't seem bothered about people constantly misspelling the word "lose". A 4 letter word that is very easy to spell, commonly used in a football context especially when talking about Notts yet repeatedly people throw in that extra 'o'.

Spelling on a football message board isng important to me I don't care I can automatically translate loose to lose with no hassle at all. Yet for someone who gets rattled by or lol you turn a blind eye. So contradictory.

Bent copper?
    You still haven't said what you were laughing at in my post about the way we react to adversity.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast