+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Match Thread vs. Maidenhead Utd. 17.10.20 [NL]

I was laughing at your link between last night's Champions League game between 13 times winners Real Madrid and Shakhtar Donesk and the National League game between Notts County and Maidenhead. Both games had 5 goals and the same scoreline, some nice football played and had players out for covid that's for sure.

You are right if we react the same way this season and perform as well as Shakhtar did in last night's game then we will indeed storm to promotion this season.

Great point well made :;

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I was laughing at your link between last night's Champions League game between 13 times winners Real Madrid and Shakhtar Donesk and the National League game between Notts County and Maidenhead.
    The levels were poles apart, but the principle was exactly the same - being up against the odds doesn't automatically mean defeat.

The only time I can remember us busting a gut to defy the odds was the 9 man win at Yeovil in the FA Trophy. Far too often we are the victims.

Of course if doesn't. Likewise having an obvious advantage like Real Madrid clearly had on so many levels last night doesn't automatically mean you will be victorious.

It works both ways as both Zizou and Ardley witnessed first hand this past week.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829