+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Maidenhead Utd. 17.10.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Yet the fans haven't congregated behind his dugout chanting abuse and wanting him sacked like they did with Fullarton?
    Can not imagine why - thw writing was on the wall after Arleys first 12 games = if only they knew what to come ..

I will tell you the National league - haha but its not even funny

And why the hate to Fullarton - he was not backed by Trew in the January transfer window, and in similar circumstances to Ardley the club was put up for sale - yet he still did better than the current incumrant .....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We only played this game so we could take part and hopefully make some money from FA CUP. Unfortunately Ardley seems to think that the shower of shyte he has just signed are better than the opposition, but come the the end of the season this result could cost us promotion..
    Phew I was beginning to worry Durhampie. Welcome back#MIA#AWOL

Stand down everyone they are now all accounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Phew I was beginning to worry Durhampie. Welcome back#MIA#AWOL

Stand down everyone they are now all accounted for.
    Laddo... you've lost the plot. You need to get out more. I suspect you are self-isolating, but isn't there anyone who can visit or help you out?

I can nip around with a newspaper and a ready meal?

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Laddo... you've lost the plot. You need to get out more. I suspect you are self-isolating, but isn't there anyone who can visit or help you out?

I can nip around with a newspaper and a ready meal?
    We only nip round when Notts lose, or will you pop the paper round even if we win? You disappear when that happens.

True story

I noticed on the highlights that after our second goal Enzio and Doyle enjoyed a little embrace. All mates again?

Those goals look even worse in the cold light of day. Two set pieces (I’m still cursing McCrory for needlessly giving away the corner for the second one and the powderpuff defending that followed), and you don’t get much more direct than the third one (to make matters worse, it looks like a miskick from their keeper which skimmed through to the halfway line - dreadful defending).

We’ve conceded an average of 2 goals in each of the 3 home games so far (actually 5 games, if you include Harrogate and York). Pretty confident that no team will get promoted being that generous. We need to tighten up while still creating chances and scoring ourselves.

For sake of comparison, we conceded less than 0.5 goals per game in the last eight home games last season. Or to put it another way, we conceded as many goals on Saturday as we did in eight home games from Dec. 26 to the Barnet game in July.

As a bit of a postscript to this thread, and seeing as some have excused our defeat to the Covid tests, maybe we should consider this:

13 time European Cup winners Real Madrid were handed a humiliating defeat as a shambolic first-half performance was clinically punished by a second-string Shakhtar Donetsk side. The Ukrainian champions arrived in Madrid without 13 first-team players after 19 positive Covid-19 tests throughout the club left them needing to call up youth-team players.

The point I'm trying to make is that extreme adversity can bring about two reactions - you either use it as an excuse for failure, or you bust a gut to overcome it. The perspective is that Shakhtar had several players out, we had four. The further perspective is that Shakhtar won away at Real Madrid, while we lost at home to Maidenhead United. The old saying is that 'when the going gets tough, the tough get going'.

If we can adopt that mindset promotion should be a formality. We don't need to defy the odds, we just need a par performance in most cases.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast