+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Those checking VAR are ruining the game

they can jump how they like Grist but if they have their hands right up in the air then they are likely to have a pen awarded against them. It's their choice.
    I think it happened vs Spurs recently and no sympathy for the defender.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    they can jump how they like Grist but if they have their hands right up in the air then they are likely to have a pen awarded against them. It's their choice.
    I think it happened vs Spurs recently and no sympathy for the defender.
    Yes, well that’s fair enough, if a player has his arms in the air waving to his mum in the stands then that’s trying to have an advantage or cheat. However a player that’s got high arms because of a natural leap, with his back to the play and the ball’s took a deflection of another player less than 3 feet away, then no.

Something that happened in a game recently (Spurs again I think)

As far as I can see this is the criteria now for handball........

Under these new rules, a player will be penalised for handball if:

1. The hand/arm is clearly away from the body and outside the “body line....”2. The player clearly leans into the path of the ball....3. The ball travels some distance.....4. The ball touches a hand/arm that is clearly raised above the shoulder.....

As an ex local player 2 things stand out for me, and they are that it is impossible to jump for a high ball without the arms being both away from the bodyline and above the shoulders, so the wording of it is clearly to make it easier for VAR to give handball but in doing so makes it, for me anyway, unfair for the players contesting any high ball.

Mind you clubs could coach their players to avoid daft var handball decisions

Like this :-

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Mind you clubs could coach their players to avoid daft var handball decisions

Like this :-

Love this. Was at undertones gig last year and lots of this going on

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234