+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Enzio Out

Enzio seemed to do a little better than ok attacking wise last season with a those fantastic goals, and being selected as a winger in the Non League Team of the Year.

Agree that the manager's concentration on defense doesn't lend itself to Enzio at all nor does his cautious approach. However the manager was the same last season, and Enzio didn't struggle to influence in the attacking 3rd at all

I review the games so far
    Dover - poor result against a clearly very poor side in poor conditions.
    Alty - expected result but a good perfomance. Scored 3, could have easily been 5/6.
    Barnet - breathtaking opening 30 mins and deservedly going 3-0 up which is enough to win any game 9 times out of 10 and that was the case here. Will take breathtaking 1st half , poor second all day long.
    Sutton - dour game against unbeaten inform opposition , most fans happy with draw. Only lucky cos we scored so late but out GK didn't have one save to make and we created the games 3 best chances. Deserved win , basic perfomance.

Maidenhead - didn't see it but clearly the worse result of the season. Conceding 3 at home to Maidenhead is unacceptable. Basic defensive errors

Enzio is a luxury player he IS good enough to play for us.

The manager we have isnt the most exciting or attacking so he wont get the best out of him I think we can all see that.

I doubt Enzio will be here next season anyway and if we dont go up Ardley can follow him.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Enzio is a luxury player he IS good enough to play for us.

The manager we have isnt the most exciting or attacking so he wont get the best out of him I think we can all see that.

I doubt Enzio will be here next season anyway and if we dont go up Ardley can follow him.
    The problem yesterday is that we had 2.5 luxury players in the starting XI in Enzio, Rodrigues and, to a lesser extent, Knowles, against a big, physical team that liked to go direct and bypass the midfield.

Rodrigues is very promising (for about an hour) when he's in the opposition half, but a liability in his own penalty area. We all know what Enzio's strengths are (and that we see them once every four or five games). And Knowles is promising but very raw - he took up a great position for his goal yesterday, but struggled with the ball in the wide right position. With Wootton marked out of the game by two strapping centre halves, like yesterday (and at Sutton), that leaves us with a problem we didn't look like solving in the second half yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The problem yesterday is that we had 2.5 luxury players in the starting XI in Enzio, Rodrigues and, to a lesser extent, Knowles, against a big, physical team that liked to go direct and bypass the midfield.

Rodrigues is very promising (for about an hour) when he's in the opposition half, but a liability in his own penalty area. We all know what Enzio's strengths are (and that we see them once every four or five games). And Knowles is promising but very raw - he took up a great position for his goal yesterday, but struggled with the ball in the wide right position. With Wootton marked out of the game by two strapping centre halves, like yesterday (and at Sutton), that leaves us with a problem we didn't look like solving in the second half yesterday.
    Agreed nw6pie.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234