+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

We have had 4 own goals in 5 games and two penalties all coming from second half of the game, I’m starting to see a pattern

Rotherham games should come with a health warning. WARNING - more than 90 minutes of this game will seriously damage your nervous system!
    I could just about accept it if we were second-best and the opposition scored good goals built on skill and technique. But two own goals!!
    On the positive side we could have had 3 or 4 today, and there were some good performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    We have had 4 own goals in 5 games and two penalties all coming from second half of the game, I’m starting to see a pattern
    Not sure that's right but I make it 5 conceded, 2 OG, 2 pen and 1 almighty cock up all after the hour mark and 3 in the 90+ range.

It would have a comical feel to it if it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not sure that's right but I make it 5 conceded, 2 OG, 2 pen and 1 almighty cock up all after the hour mark and 3 in the 90+ range.
    3 in 90+ thats cost us 5 points (I think).

Nothing but pride after today’s game.
    We belong in this league and we will stay up no doubt.

Special mention for the keeper. Maybe that will shut up some of the doubters on here and on Twitter.
    This is the best side we have had in ages.

Norwich were made to look average at times.
    They had a winger what Barcelona tried to sign for £20 million. That should put into perspective how well we played.

Nothing’s changed has it?

Still trying to play 4-5-1 opposition managers must be cheered up when they see what we are playing. It’s a system that invites pressure, the sort of pressure that brings penalties and own goals.

I mentioned earlier that Lapado would be the key, as it turned out, scorer and penalty miss, key parts of the game.

As for the goals We conceded, a penalty and an og. Funny thing is football, but after many years watching I’ve decided that you don’t concede penalties or give own goals if you are playing in the opposition’s half of the pitch.

Overall I think we got what we deserved, harsh maybe, but you can’t invite the opposition to attack and then moan when they do.

Grist

I think you prefer it when we lose then you can say I told you so
    Look at the difference in wage budgets I think you need to get a grip

Stop talking wet.

It's night and day this season to others.

Seriously unlucky and we're still well clear of the relegation fodder for the season.

Have to agree that the changes today were silly and needless.

New boy at fault for first goal and then gives away a dodgy penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Grist

I think you prefer it when we lose then you can say I told you so
    Look at the difference in wage budgets I think you need to get a grip
    Indeed, so why help them demonstrate their expensive skills by playing a system that we aren’t good at?

It’s all about opinions I suppose

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast