+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match Ratings v Maidenhead

Slocombe 6. Little to do.
    McRory 5.5 Set up the goal but they targeted his side and playing wrong side made it hard for him.
    Chiksen 6. Steady, hoping to see more of him going forwards if he gets a run of games.
    Lacey 5.5 Not as assured as last season. Gone from looking accomplished to a bit lightweight.
    Rawlinson. 5.5 Lost his man for their winner, has been part of the regular mistakes our defence has made right from pre season and into this season.
    Doyle 6 Maidenhead were happy to play it long bypassing him, faced after first half hour.
    Reeves 5.5 Nowhere near his best game , did the running but didn't affect the game.
    Enzio 5. Really should be using his physique , lightweight, reacted rather than anticipated and just seemed too easily sidelined.
    Rodriguess 7. Team player, took his goal well, adjusted to the physical side of English football. Only has an hour in him though, stamina is a problem at the moment.I
    Knowles 6.5 Set one up on Tuesday, scored today. Lively player who looks to have improvement in him but also only has an hour in him at the moment.
    Wootton 5. Great player for us, poor game today.

We've got some problems I think. We've let soft goals in right from pre season and keep doing it. We've not played a settled back four at all yet and Rawlinson and Lacey aren't playing as well as last year.
    We also seem to run out of ideas after an hour, today, Sutton, Barnet and Dover, partly as our forward players, Enzio, Knowles, Rodriguess, Thomas and Sam all struggle to do a full 90. Partly I think because the midfield doesn't really drive, it covers the miles but they don't look energetic.
    We've had an easy start to the season and lost twice, three times if you count Harrogate in the cup and lost in the same weak manner in all of them.
    At the moment we're lacking and I'm not convinced this squad has it in them to play themselves into a title winning groove.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    McRory 5.5 Set up the goal but they targeted his side and playing wrong side made it hard for him.
    Chiksen 6. Steady, hoping to see more of him going forwards if he gets a run of games.
    Lacey 5.5 Not as assured as last season. Gone from looking accomplished to a bit lightweight.
    Rawlinson. 5.5 Lost his man for their winner, has been part of the regular mistakes our defence has made right from pre season and into this season.
    Doyle 6 Maidenhead were happy to play it long bypassing him, faced after first half hour.
    Reeves 5.5 Nowhere near his best game , did the running but didn't affect the game.
    Enzio 5. Really should be using his physique , lightweight, reacted rather than anticipated and just seemed too easily sidelined.
    Rodriguess 7. Team player, took his goal well, adjusted to the physical side of English football. Only has an hour in him though, stamina is a problem at the moment.I
    Knowles 6.5 Set one up on Tuesday, scored today. Lively player who looks to have improvement in him but also only has an hour in him at the moment.

We've got some problems I think. We've let soft goals in right from pre season and keep doing it. We've not played a settled back four at all yet and Rawlinson and Lacey aren't playing as well as last year.
    We also seem to run out of ideas after an hour, today, Sutton, Barnet and Dover, partly as our forward players, Enzio, Knowles, Rodriguess, Thomas and Sam all struggle to do a full 90. Partly I think because the midfield doesn't really drive, it covers the miles but they don't look energetic.
    We've had an easy start to the season and lost twice, three times if you count Harrogate in the cup and lost in the same weak manner in all of them.
    At the moment we're lacking and I'm not convinced this squad has it in them to play themselves into a title winning groove.
    I think the squad has it in them. It's a great squad at this level. I am now utterly convinced that the issue is management of the squad and as I've said for some time the powers of motivation that the management certainly do not possess. Would you run through brick walls for Ardley? Lots of people say he's a nice guy. I don't think that's a strength.

He was taken off because he was supposed to mark up in defensive set plays and he didnt all game eventually leading to a goal. He would have been drilled on these situations but didnt do his job. Thats why he was dragged. Some will say hes not on the pitch to defend but its part of the game and he was a liability at it today.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post

We’re really lacking steel throughout the team, which is fine when we’re playing free-flowing football - but no good when it comes to the ugly side of the game, like when you’re defending corners. Wootton was outmuscled for their second goal, while Rodrigues was at fault for the first after we lost an aerial battle. Maybe Ben Turner will bring some of that, but we also know that comes at the expense of mobility.

We’ve played well in patches in every game, but we haven’t dominated any team. Against Barnet, we should have been 5-0 up after 40 minutes, but ended up clinging on. At Sutton, we again disappeared for most of the second half. Today, we were comfortable at 2-1 but never looked like getting a third. Then we get the basics wrong (against a very basic team), and we throw it away. We May play the best football in the division, but that doesn’t mean we’ll get promoted - especially if we keep making stupid mistakes.

Today also showed that Notts don’t have enough strength in depth to be able to withstand five absentees. I thought as much before the game and definitely thought so while watching. We also need to give at least one of Doyle and Reeves a break next week in the cup tie, otherwise they’re going to be toast by November.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    We’re really lacking steel throughout the team, which is fine when we’re playing free-flowing football - but no good when it comes to the ugly side of the game, like when you’re defending corners. Wootton was outmuscled for their second goal, while Rodrigues was at fault for the first after we lost an aerial battle. Maybe Ben Turner will bring some of that, but we also know that comes at the expense of mobility.

We’ve played well in patches in every game, but we haven’t dominated any team. Against Barnet, we should have been 5-0 up after 40 minutes, but ended up clinging on. At Sutton, we again disappeared for most of the second half. Today, we were comfortable at 2-1 but never looked like getting a third. Then we get the basics wrong (against a very basic team), and we throw it away. We May play the best football in the division, but that doesn’t mean we’ll get promoted - especially if we keep making stupid mistakes.

Today also showed that Notts don’t have enough strength in depth to be able to withstand five absentees. I thought as much before the game and definitely thought so while watching. We also need to give at least one of Doyle and Reeves a break next week in the cup tie, otherwise they’re going to be toast by November.

Good summary that.

The FA Cup game should be postponed

There was a fairly clear message to give at half time. You're winning at home. You have 45 minutes left and no need for heroics. Do the simple things right. Take the pace out of the game. Keep the ball.

You'd have to lose 2-0 at home in 45 minutes against a bottom half team to foul this up. No serious title challengers would allow that to happen.

Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    The FA Cup game should be postponed
    I understand that if we ask for the FA Cup game to be postponed, we will have to concede the game!

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I understand that if we ask for the FA Cup game to be postponed, we will have to concede the game!
    Yep, looks like they’re the rules this season. And if both teams have players with COVID and can’t play the game, both are knocked out and a losing team gets a reprieve (so not exactly encouraging teams to be transparent if they have a player test positive). Alfreton had to forfeit their third round qualifier due to COVID.

Game on Saturday will go to extra time and penalties if it’s a draw after 90 minutes.

Stream of the game, BTW, will cost £12 (bet it doesn’t have four cameras, though):

https://insight4.azurewebsites.net/stream/eHV3U2xB
    Last edited by nw6pie; 19-10-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12