+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings v Maidenhead

Match Ratings v Maidenhead

I'll get this one started..

Slocombe 6 - no real fault for the goals, maybe he could have made it more difficult for their winner
    McCrory 7 - tidier at right back than I've seen him at left back. Improved since the last home game
    Chicken 6 - steady, neat and tidy but can he affect the game positively for us?
    Lacey 6 - Flatters to deceive when he plays like that. A really poor second half by his standards. Was on the floor for their 2nd
    Rawlinson 6 - Stood strong and defended well most of the time, let Orsi get behind him for the winner
    Doyle 6 - Started well but then started playing losing football
    Reeves 4 - the Midfield is where we lost the game today IMO
    Rodrigues 8 - our MOM and brightest player (apart from a poor spell just before his goal). Why take him off?
    Wootton 5 - A real off day, especially the 2nd half. they had him in their pockets
    Knowles 6 - Nice goal, some good moments, faded badly
    Boldewijn 6 - Real mixed bag, got involved but didn't do well with it in the final 3rd

Subs: Nothing offered at all, so I'll blame that on Ardley, making subs for the sake of it

I'd struggle to argue with any of that to be honest. Can only think that Ruben is still lacking some match fitness. Otherwise why take off the only player who seemed capable of creating anything?

Better qualify that about the subs - Turner did well for the short time he was on... Sam didn't have long enough, Wolfe did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    I'd struggle to argue with any of that to be honest. Can only think that Ruben is still lacking some match fitness. Otherwise why take off the only player who seemed capable of creating anything?
    Why has a 39 year old played every single second of the games so far? How do players get match fit if you don't play them in matches?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I'll get this one started..

Slocombe 6 - no real fault for the goals, maybe he could have made it more difficult for their winner
    McCrory 7 - tidier at right back than I've seen him at left back. Improved since the last home game
    Chicken 6 - steady, neat and tidy but can he affect the game positively for us?
    Lacey 6 - Flatters to deceive when he plays like that. A really poor second half by his standards. Was on the floor for their 2nd
    Rawlinson 6 - Stood strong and defended well most of the time, let Orsi get behind him for the winner
    Doyle 6 - Started well but then started playing losing football
    Reeves 4 - the Midfield is where we lost the game today IMO
    Rodrigues 8 - our MOM and brightest player (apart from a poor spell just before his goal). Why take him off?
    Wootton 5 - A real off day, especially the 2nd half. they had him in their pockets
    Knowles 6 - Nice goal, some good moments, faded badly
    Boldewijn 6 - Real mixed bag, got involved but didn't do well with it in the final 3rd

Subs: Nothing offered at all, so I'll blame that on Ardley, making subs for the sake of it
    6 for Enzio! Perhaps you've had more than me.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    6 for Enzio! Perhaps you've had more than me.
    thought Mccrory was below par and gave away a needless corner for the 2nd goal. Agree also that Lacey was not to his usual standard snd seemed to be hoofing it long alot..Also agree midfield was poor. Doyle seemed to get deeper and deeper and Reeves seems to want to try and do everything himself.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Why has a 39 year old played every single second of the games so far? How do players get match fit if you don't play them in matches?
    Not sure what your point about Doyle is. If he's fit enough, age shouldn't be a concern.

Perhaps Ruben was carrying a little niggle? We don't know what happens on the training ground or in the physio room.

Yes, agree with navypie about McCrory. Thought he did surprisingly well for our first goal but sadly let us down by giving away a needless corner for their second. What really annoys me is professional footballers who can only use one foot. A simple clearance becomes a corner for the opposition.Then again, we are so good at defending set pieces aren’t we!
    Talking of set pieces. Are we allowed to score occasionally from one? Even allowing for the absence of Roberts, our set pieces were poor but, come to think of it, they’ve been poor all season.

Agree with this ... where is our aerial threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    Yes, agree with navypie about McCrory. Thought he did surprisingly well for our first goal but sadly let us down by giving away a needless corner for their second. What really annoys me is professional footballers who can only use one foot. A simple clearance becomes a corner for the opposition.Then again, we are so good at defending set pieces aren’t we!
    Talking of set pieces. Are we allowed to score occasionally from one? Even allowing for the absence of Roberts, our set pieces were poor but, come to think of it, they’ve been poor all season.
    Our set plays have been dreadful in every game so far - and they weren’t great most of last season. We’ve got the worst of both worlds at the moment - don’t look like scoring from them, look like conceding from them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast