+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watford away 21/10/20

Watford away 21/10/20

Which team will play Mr Jekyll or Mr Hyde?
    How many games does TM get to find his new best team and tactics?
    He's never yet decided nor found his team or tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Which team will play Mr Jekyll or Mr Hyde?
    How many games does TM get to find his new best team and tactics?
    He's never yet decided nor found his team or tactics.
    Very harsh to judge TM V Forest.. We had many key players missing.

Saxo, Seventwo is not impartial on this issue.
    He is looking for Mowbray to fulfil his prediction of failure for him.
    As I have always said, trying to suggest that the pattern and result of every individual game is down to the manager and the manager alone is simply nonsense.
    Take this game. Johnson has been possibly our most consistent positive influence this season.
    Here, he was pretty anonymous.
    How is that Mowbray's fault?
    Armstrong had one of those games where he never looked like making anything happen. I would say about one in three of his matches with us have been like that. In the other two-thirds, he has often looked top-notch. Mowbray's influence?
    Dolan looked slightly lost. It was going to happen. He will probably now go to the bench. That's fine. It was well worth trying again after his first three games, but he still has a lot to learn.
    Because the midfield was mainly engaged in a tight semi-defensive struggle, Lenihan reverted to pumping long balls over the top. We know Mowbray doesn't WANT him to do that because he has said so!
    We had Holtby, Rothwell, Travis, Dack, Williams, Rankin-Costello and Bennett unavailable - not to mention three or four of our best U-23s - while four new players have arrived in the last week and couldn't go straight in. Might not those be factors which influenced the outcome?
    And, of course, we lost to a deflection. That might have happened at the other end, and we'd have sneaked an undeserved win. It's called "football".
    Surely, it's a bit bloody early to start on the critical moaning and the predictions of doom!
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 17-10-2020 at 11:12 PM.

One thing I expect is changes for this game.
    Douglas more than likely at left back and possibly trybull taking Evans spot.
    Is Holtby back or still taking time out with his family?

Ok, I admit it, I completely lost it when I looked at Sky and Google and saw number 31 Elliott Bennett at centre forward.
    If he wasn't recovering from surgery I'd believe it too!!

I know that there's no such thing as a good defeat, but that result is a farce.
    Watford - just down from the PL - were wasting time from 15 minutes onwards.
    We completely outplayed them and lost 1-3.
    Elliott is a star in the making. His combination with Nyambe was superb. I was very impressed with Trybull's passing in his time on the field too. Holtby: 9/10.
    A missed penalty; an own goal; Foster in brilliant form; 19 attempts on goal.
    In a weird way, I don't feel too down about it. How many times in a season would you play that well and lose?
    TM will be biting his lip about the referee, but I don't have to. He was an embarrassment to his profession.
    Apart from the mystifying absence of the red card when Armstrong was brought down, he missed Foster's double-fisted punch to Johnson's head. Then he booked a player who had just come on, but failed to book him again for a much worse foul, because he realised he would have to send him off!
    A final point. Why on earth did Armstrong try to chip Foster? He just had to push the ball past him and tap it into an empty net.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 21-10-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I know that there's no such thing as a good defeat, but that result is a farce.
    Watford - just down from the PL - were wasting time from 15 minutes onwards.
    We completely outplayed them and lost 1-3.
    Elliott is a star in the making. His combination with Nyambe was superb. I was very impressed with Trybull's passing in his time on the field too. Holtby: 9/10.
    A missed penalty; an own goal; Foster in brilliant form; 19 attempts on goal.
    In a weird way, I don't feel too down about it. How many times in a season would you play that well and lose?
    TM will be biting his lip about the referee, but I don't have to. He was an embarrassment to his profession.
    Apart from the mystifying absence of the red card when Armstrong was brought down, he missed Foster's double-fisted punch to Johnson's head. Then he booked a player who had just come on, but failed to book him again for a much worse foul, because he realised he would have to send him off!
    A final point. Why on earth did Armstrong try to chip Foster? He just had to push the ball past him and tap it into an empty net.
    Great performance in defeat, but Arma definitely out of form for us.

Seventwo.. cmon, that was an impressive display despite defeat..

According to the Burnley fans, it's 'Mowbray out' all over the LET site..

I'm not even gonna look..

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    According to the Burnley fans, it's 'Mowbray out' all over the LET site..

I'm not even gonna look..
    Not really, Saxo. Just the usual morons.
    You'd do better to look at the Watford fans-forum. A lot of their supporters watched the same game as us!!
    I have to say, I find Armstrong frustrating at times. He can make it up to me by getting three on Saturday.

Good teams win when they play poorly not the reverse 🤔

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)