+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay per view deal

Pay per view deal

So, for October there is a "deal" to be had where for the measly sum of £14.95 you will be able to watch those matches not already scheduled for BT or Sky.

Thoughts?

Bit rich if you're a STH and have those subs already to have to pay again to watch something you otherwise wouldn't have to pay for. Being charged twice for the same thing.

Another money racket

Would want a refund if we lost so its a no from the Rev

Mmm, so footballs match fan season ticket holders in particular have the prospect of having to pay twice to watch a match.
    There are plans to reimburse season ticket holders who want their money back following this announcement but many fans have paid non refundable deposits for season tickets for the current campaign up front which is now a common theme on my Football Supporters Association information advice melting hotline.

So in summary - presently a new customer needs to pay £46 a month to subscribe to Sky with sports channels included and the BT Sport channels cost an extra £13 a month on this platform. This second price is down from the usual £25.

Alternatively, the Sky Sports channels can be streamed online with a £34-a-month Now TV pass. Day passes are also available for £9.99.

BT Sport is available through various providers including BT TV, Sky and Virgin Media.

A current offer costs £44.99 a month for the sport channels plus BT's Fibre 2 broadband.

At the moment, Sky Sports has the rights to screen 146 live Premier League matches, while BT will be showing 61 live games.

Amazon Prime will show 20 live games over two matchdays in December.

So now pay-per-view service would add 'Further' costs if viewers wished to watch extra games at £14.99 each !

FFS, £14.99 !

I won't complain as a 'terrace fan' ever again when my £2 lukewarm cup of Bovril spills all down my leg when we all jump up and join in with the customary chorus "Sky TV is sh*te" during the half time break as it'll be money well spent shouting what I think.

MOT

People can take it or leave it. I would think there will be enough takers to make it a success.
    It is a sign of the times and not ideal In my opinion but how things are these days.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Mmm, so footballs match fan season ticket holders in particular have the prospect of having to pay twice to watch a match.
    There are plans to reimburse season ticket holders who want their money back following this announcement but many fans have paid non refundable deposits for season tickets for the current campaign up front which is now a common theme on my Football Supporters Association information advice melting hotline.

So in summary - presently a new customer needs to pay £46 a month to subscribe to Sky with sports channels included and the BT Sport channels cost an extra £13 a month on this platform. This second price is down from the usual £25.

Alternatively, the Sky Sports channels can be streamed online with a £34-a-month Now TV pass. Day passes are also available for £9.99.

BT Sport is available through various providers including BT TV, Sky and Virgin Media.

A current offer costs £44.99 a month for the sport channels plus BT's Fibre 2 broadband.

At the moment, Sky Sports has the rights to screen 146 live Premier League matches, while BT will be showing 61 live games.

Amazon Prime will show 20 live games over two matchdays in December.

So now pay-per-view service would add 'Further' costs if viewers wished to watch extra games at £14.99 each !

FFS, £14.99 !

I won't complain as a 'terrace fan' ever again when my £2 lukewarm cup of Bovril spills all down my leg when we all jump up and join in with the customary chorus "Sky TV is sh*te" during the half time break as it'll be money well spent shouting what I think.

MOT
    Who is to blame though, the TV companies who are in the business of making money? can't really blame them for doing what they do, or is it the Premier League and its constituent club members who are to blame - they voted 19-1 in favour - don 't they owe us more than that after all the support we give them?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Who is to blame though, the TV companies who are in the business of making money? can't really blame them for doing what they do, or is it the Premier League and its constituent club members who are to blame - they voted 19-1 in favour - don 't they owe us more than that after all the support we give them?
    Thank God! A statement of the blindingly obvious, and yet it needs stating. WE are now part of that exclusive club, and yet only Leicester voted against (why, I dont really care). Greed, naked, bare-faced greed, on the part of clubs that have collectively devoted over £1.2bn of the monies they get from all sources, including fans, in acquiring new players (and lest anyone forget, we have contributed around 10% of that figure, not bad for a newcomer). How do the "powers that be", who proclaim their appreciation of the supporters, their understanding of the "deep rooted and long lived" support, sleep at night (soundly, I suspect, in their feather-bedded, splendoured isolation)? Hypocrites, every last one, including our owner and his cohorts.

It does annoy me having to pay when i already have sky sports and Bt, Having said that i pay for boxing now and then on box office, So even though it annoys me i will be paying when we are on box office..

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    It does annoy me having to pay when i already have sky sports and Bt, Having said that i pay for boxing now and then on box office, So even though it annoys me i will be paying when we are on box office..
    Thing is Pete, boxing isn't subject to season tickets, and is by it's very nature a singular event sport, unlike football where a revenue stream has already been established with a business model to boot. All that is being done now is to fleece sky/BT customers with a subscription even further, and to put two fingers up to ST holders who are being asked/expected to pay twice. So much for being in it together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)