+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T:-I deleted it

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Generally I wouldn't say that there is much of an undercurrent other than Navypie. If he's allowed back on I think I will have to consider whether I bother coming back, the political stuff generally doesn't interest me, the best posts are from notts county stats and upthemaggies and I can find most of their stuff elsewhere anyway. I also doubt I'd be missed much! The forum is fast becoming largely irrelevant and an old mans moaning and oneupmanship club. It's in many ways worse than social media!
    I see. Racism bad, ageism good?

Why is it a bad habit to come on here? Don't come on then if its so abhorrent to you. I think on here you have a mix of lots of different viewpoints and stances on subjects just like you would if you went and got a random 100 people off the street. If someone puts something you don't like either tell them and why or don't comment on it.

It’s a bad habit because I’m a Notts fan and occasionally there’s something interesting to read about the games; it’s not abhorrent, it’s tedious a lot of the time (politics, puns etc etc). I don’t comment on most things, I just log off thanks. Like I and many others have said, it used to be a lot of fun on here...it ain’t anymore.

Like Swale says I agree with posters staying on the site and making it better instead of taking their bat and ball home. Be the change you want to see in the world ha ha. I do agree though that you can get into some tedious arguments sometimes on here with people who obviously don't have much to do in their lives and have all day to go back and forth on here. On that note have a good day FL and keep coming on and contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Like Swale says I agree with posters staying on the site and making it better instead of taking their bat and ball home. Be the change you want to see in the world ha ha. I do agree though that you can get into some tedious arguments sometimes on here with people who obviously don't have much to do in their lives and have all day to go back and forth on here. On that note have a good day FL and keep coming on and contributing.
    Who on earth do you mean?

It's in many ways worse than social media! says Queenie.

So if NCM isn't social media, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    It's in many ways worse than social media!
    Go on then tell us these "...many ways...", not just two or three ways but many, things you would find on here but not social media.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Go on then tell us these "...many ways...", not just two or three ways but many, things you would find on here but not social media.
    Is this an open invitation or just for Queensland?

If the former, pettiness. It's definitely worse for pettiness. Laxton's post being exhibit A

Misquoting definitely worse for that again Laxton's above post is a prime example, exhibit B.

There's plenty more but those are two of the top examples.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Is this an open invitation or just for Queensland?

If the former, pettiness. It's definitely worse for pettiness. Laxton's post being exhibit A

Misquoting definitely worse for that again Laxton's above post is a prime example, exhibit B.

There's plenty more but those are two of the top examples.
    Read it again with a pause instead of a comma between “many, things” and tell me where I misquoted.

I can't see where Queensland said "many, things you would find on here but not social media."

If I've missed it then I apologise, I just see him saying "It's in many ways worse than social media!"

There is a big difference between the two. If he didn't say "... find on here but not social media" , then add this to the latest in a long long line of misquotes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast