+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T:- Black Greats

Why not shine a light on black people achieving in non-entertainment industries in today's world?
    David Kurten has a first-class BSc in Chemistry and will be running for London mayor, here he is taking on Sadiq Khan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvZt...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    First time I listened to "Bitches Brew", I felt like a different person afterwards. No other music has had such a profound effect on me.

Growing up with the original "Star Trek" and Lieutenant Uhura, I assumed black women were perfectly capable in that sphere anyway.
    Captain Kirk for President eh? The issue is do black women see themselves as perfectly capable of that sphere? Or is Beyonce their only role model?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Captain Kirk for President eh? The issue is do black women see themselves as perfectly capable of that sphere? Or is Beyonce their only role model?
    White males are now the poorest achievers in UK schools, who are their role models? Would them being taught about Alexander Graham Bell for a month make any difference?

Coleman Hughers, B.A. in philosophy.
    Why the left is completely wrong about racism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeMYQe8OjlA

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Everyone’s heard of Muhammad Ali and Pele, but doesn’t the other thread demonstrate that some people are ignorant about black scientists and innovators? And doesn’t such ignorance inform prejudice?

I think this is a great idea for a thread and I do want to watch Hidden Figures.
    You must watch it BFP, I have seen it 3 times one of my favourite films and very inspirational and eye opening.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    First time I listened to "Bitches Brew", I felt like a different person afterwards. No other music has had such a profound effect on me.

Growing up with the original "Star Trek" and Lieutenant Uhura, I assumed black women were perfectly capable in that sphere anyway.
    Star trek is still on, you know. Horror Channel 18.00 weekdays.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12