+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Losing interest

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's not particularly what I watch it on, I just don't really enjoy watching games on a screen. I watched the friendlies on a 55" screen via Youtube, and the Altrincham game on my iPad because I was abroad. I'll watch the home games on a 23" desktop screen. It is better than nothing, and I can understand that it's a real bonus for anyone living outside the UK.
    Anything is better than nothing, I'd watch on my phone as long as I get to see Notts play

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I buy stuff from the club shop but I’m getting up at 1am to watch it, particularly as it’s not very good. If they start playing some really good football I might change my mind, but I’m not wrecking a good nights sleep to be bored mindless.
    I think this should be the next step in streaming in that you can purchase the game and download it and watch it at your leisure. It would be beneficial for those who live or work outside the UK and are in different time zones but also those who may be working or have other priorities that they may not be able to watch live.

Going back to the original post then I can understand what they mean. Going to the football has always been more than watching it on TV. It’s the social aspect of weekly or fortnightly meeting up with family or friends. Plus everything that surrounds it such as the journey, the pre-match food or pint. Then the walk to the ground, the chat in the stands or concourse, bumping into fans who you may not have seen for along time and seeing similar faces even though you don’t know them personally.

Then it’s the atmosphere in the stadium, the highs the lows, the cold dark night matches trying to keep warm. The walk back happy with victory, despair in defeat.

All that has gone for now, we have social media platforms like this site, radio and streaming. I like the fact I can watch all Notts games and do my bit to help the club. Of course its not the same as watching at Meadow Lane but but it’s also been good to see the away games.

I am not able to get to many games because of distance so thought it would be great, I imagined I would stream every game. However, I have only watched three of them and although I never thought I'd say this , I'm not sure I want to watch 2 games a week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123