+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lord Sumption

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    you can't be an anti-lockdown libertarian and want to keep auld people alive, it's one or the other
    🙄

Yeah it can, just don't infest care homes with covid.

if a large percentage of people have covid at any one time, a percentage of them are going to be care home staff. you obviously want to believe that covid only got into care homes because nicola sturgeon personally transported infected patients into them but the reality is different. Plenty auld folk don't live in care homes as well

I see Ireland are going into a 6-week lockdown, someone must be reading my posts over there

if a large percentage of people have covid at any one time, a percentage of them are going to be care home staff. you obviously want to believe that covid only got into care homes because nicola sturgeon personally transported infected patients into them but the reality is different. Plenty auld folk don't live in care homes as well

I see Ireland are going into a 6-week lockdown, someone must be reading my posts over there
    Lol,

Sturgeon emptied the hospitals and put the "bed blockers" in care homes without testing them.

Then she didn't let the relatives visit their dying parents.

Scandal.

Lift the carpet.....brush brush brush.😎

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Lol,

Sturgeon emptied the hospitals and put the "bed blockers" in care homes without testing them.

Then she didn't let the relatives visit their dying parents.

Scandal.

Lift the carpet.....brush brush brush.��
    She needs taken to task on that one and hopefully will be one day. Her and others too, let's start with Sturgeon, thon Welsh FM and Johnson - all culpable within their own remits then go from there. Not sure what happened or is happening in NI.

There can be no sweeping on this one, following the UK lead early on was a disaster, no doubts about it.

Been outbreaks in care homes since March/April, you blaming her for all of them? What about the one last week?

You can't possibly believe the Scottish tories would have taken a different approach, though

There can be no sweeping on this one, following the UK lead early on was a disaster, no doubts about it.

Been outbreaks in care homes since March/April, you blaming her for all of them? What about the one last week?

You can't possibly believe the Scottish tories would have taken a different approach, though
    At last a chink of light.

Maybe aye, maybe no......they were more likely to follow a different path to Sturgeon then any other party but impossible to say.

Sturgeon did a lot of things to be different and cause devision, she saw opportunity imho.

Few politicians have come out of this with any credit, there are some but not many.

Johnson getting I'll changed things.

But what the Scottish conservative and unionist party do is irrelevant to me personally, not a member, never have been and don't really believe in their left of centre policies. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    She needs taken to task on that one and hopefully will be one day. Her and others too, let's start with Sturgeon, thon Welsh FM and Johnson - all culpable within their own remits then go from there. Not sure what happened or is happening in NI.
    I hope so.

The pain of not being with your mother or father, husband or wife when they are dying must be a terrible burden to carry around.

Death by zoom......as I say scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I hope so.

The pain of not being with your mother or father, husband or wife when they are dying must be a terrible burden to carry around.

Death by zoom......as I say scandal.
    My mother in law's a bit ill at the moment. She was asked to decide between staying at home and going into Roxburghe. Normally I'd have said get her into Roxburghe but instead she's at home and her kids, grandkids and great grandkids are going in daily ignoring the draconian and dictatorial 'advice'. In Roxburghe she'd be on her own with limited social interaction.

Guess what that would do? If she didn't get Covid off one of the other residents first of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    My mother in law's a bit ill at the moment. She was asked to decide between staying at home and going into Roxburghe. Normally I'd have said get her into Roxburghe but instead she's at home and her kids, grandkids and great grandkids are going in daily ignoring the draconian and dictatorial 'advice'. In Roxburghe she'd be on her own with limited social interaction.

Guess what that would do? If she didn't get Covid off one of the other residents first of course.
    I listened to a woman on radio Scotland a week or two back.

She said she has 8 siblings, one was allowed in to be with dying mother for half n hour, no touching.

She said she waited in the car park for her mother to die and then watched her body come out in a body bag.

Now as you probably know I'm not a soft centre millennial type man but that got me.

She was scathing of the Scottish Govt in a very dignified way. I very much doubt I could be.

Government by decree lecture on you tube.

Quite simply brilliant.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)