+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Your thoughts on this video

Your thoughts on this video

Worth a watch, let me know your thoughts

🤔🤔 This Lady nails it .
    https://www.facebook.com/15359828165...9467748838551/

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Worth a watch, let me know your thoughts

🤔🤔 This Lady nails it .
    https://www.facebook.com/15359828165...9467748838551/
    i I tried before to ask people to do their own research and pointed out the numbers.

I got shot down in flames by a lot on here.

Anyway here goes - Latest figures......722409 positive some 2.7%of the population, in hospital 5608 some 3.23% of bed capacity
    In ICU 592 0.64% of capacity, deaths 43646 6% of positive tests but O.065% of the population
    latest figures Covid was 24th in list of cause of death & the average age of those who died was 82

Go figure

I think this is what the majority of us are now thinking Regis, she’s put it in a nutshell.

I was saying to a young friend at football on Saturday ( he’s 22 ) that if Thatcher had been in charge of this it would’ve been a very different way on handling matters.

Regardless of whether you loved or hated her she would’ve met this head on and we’d be proactive in fighting this and not retreating into our shells.

This lady has her maths correct as well.

0.012% of people are dying from Covid from a customer base of around 0.03% who are deemed to be “at risk”......the whole world in financial meltdown for the sake of 1.2 deaths per thousand people.

It makes no sense!

I’ll keep repeating, the answer to this is to spend the money on the health provision to look after the people that get sick.

That said, my friend told me that apparently the average age of a Covid death patient is 82+ and seeing as the average age for a man in the U.K. is only around 79+ years then we are closing our lives down to save ( on average ) people who have outlived the average median lifespan for a man and almost of the 83 average for women!

I’ll tell you as well ( and this is from someone like me who is “centre right” by nature ) the Tory government stance on all of this is bogus.

If it wasn’t for the “Red Wall” of constituency’s up north and the number of Labour voters who turned blue ( no pun intended! ) at the last election I think things would be being handled very differently.

I think they’re scared to not been seen as caring enough when in reality, their natural default mode would normally to be a bit less caring and more inclined to put country above the individual and adopt a “stiff upper lip” mentality.

This “Nanny State” approach has always been the approach of the Libs and Labour so it feels entirely false being peddled by Boris.

I also think him nearly dying from Covid has changed his natural mindset.

I’ve noticed a whole swathe of Tory MP’s dramatically adding the word “sadly” into every comment about past, present and future Covid deaths.

Yet more coaching from the sidelines which I hate.

I’d love someone to find the email instructing the troops to remember to add “sadly” and to know the penalty for not doing so.

I actually admire Andy Burnham for telling them to stick Tier 3 up their a r se as well.

Contrary to local myth I’m not a rabid Right Winger and I prefer a Centre ( gentle Right ) politics.

I happen to think that Burnham could be Labour leader after Sir “Hindsight” Starmer and I think he’d make a good PM.

Back to topic though.....this lady has nailed it AND the present situation is untenable.

Another six months of this and the Tory Party will replace Boris with Sunak who I suspect has a much more prominent backbone for the way we deal with a Covid landscape.

Have to admit, it made me think. I've not been paranoid about the pandemic but would say that I have been sensibly cautious. Perhaps I need to be a little more 'adventurous', if that's the correct word.

Quote Originally Posted by bordering View Post
    i I tried before to ask people to do their own research and pointed out the numbers.

I got shot down in flames by a lot on here.

Anyway here goes - Latest figures......722409 positive some 2.7%of the population, in hospital 5608 some 3.23% of bed capacity
    In ICU 592 0.64% of capacity, deaths 43646 6% of positive tests but O.065% of the population
    latest figures Covid was 24th in list of cause of death & the average age of those who died was 82

Go figure
    There was always a part of me that thought something doesn’t add up and I’m still unsure. But, the question you have to ask is why? Any thoughts?
    Last edited by regis80; 19-10-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I think this is what the majority of us are now thinking Regis, she’s put it in a nutshell.

I was saying to a young friend at football on Saturday ( he’s 22 ) that if Thatcher had been in charge of this it would’ve been a very different way on handling matters.

Regardless of whether you loved or hated her she would’ve met this head on and we’d be proactive in fighting this and not retreating into our shells.

This lady has her maths correct as well.

0.012% of people are dying from Covid from a customer base of around 0.03% who are deemed to be “at risk”......the whole world in financial meltdown for the sake of 1.2 deaths per thousand people.

It makes no sense!

I’ll keep repeating, the answer to this is to spend the money on the health provision to look after the people that get sick.

That said, my friend told me that apparently the average age of a Covid death patient is 82+ and seeing as the average age for a man in the U.K. is only around 79+ years then we are closing our lives down to save ( on average ) people who have outlived the average median lifespan for a man and almost of the 83 average for women!

I’ll tell you as well ( and this is from someone like me who is “centre right” by nature ) the Tory government stance on all of this is bogus.

If it wasn’t for the “Red Wall” of constituency’s up north and the number of Labour voters who turned blue ( no pun intended! ) at the last election I think things would be being handled very differently.

I think they’re scared to not been seen as caring enough when in reality, their natural default mode would normally to be a bit less caring and more inclined to put country above the individual and adopt a “stiff upper lip” mentality.

This “Nanny State” approach has always been the approach of the Libs and Labour so it feels entirely false being peddled by Boris.

I also think him nearly dying from Covid has changed his natural mindset.

I’ve noticed a whole swathe of Tory MP’s dramatically adding the word “sadly” into every comment about past, present and future Covid deaths.

Yet more coaching from the sidelines which I hate.

I’d love someone to find the email instructing the troops to remember to add “sadly” and to know the penalty for not doing so.

I actually admire Andy Burnham for telling them to stick Tier 3 up their a r se as well.

Contrary to local myth I’m not a rabid Right Winger and I prefer a Centre ( gentle Right ) politics.

I happen to think that Burnham could be Labour leader after Sir “Hindsight” Starmer and I think he’d make a good PM.

Back to topic though.....this lady has nailed it AND the present situation is untenable.

Another six months of this and the Tory Party will replace Boris with Sunak who I suspect has a much more prominent backbone for the way we deal with a Covid landscape.
    Can’t disagree with any of the above there Mick. We could all do with some answers, they say they are following the science yet you hear the stories about WHO, who seem to be getting a bad rep.
    With regards to labour, Starmer has too much of that barrister/qc style when trying to hold the gov to account. Someone like Burnham is what’s needed. I prefer a fiery type than Starmer and I fear we have nobody at present in position to do that, especially now when it really matters.
    Believe it or not, I probably sit on the same place on the political spectrum as you Mick and dont have any allegiance to any side I just base my thoughts on what I feel is common sense. It really is saying something when we think Hunt might do a better job than Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Can’t disagree with any of the above there Mick. We could all do with some answers, they say they are following the science yet you hear the stories about WHO, who seem to be getting a bad rep.
    With regards to labour, Starmer has too much of that barrister/qc style when trying to hold the gov to account. Someone like Burnham is what’s needed. I prefer a fiery type than Starmer and I fear we have nobody at present in position to do that, especially now when it really matters.
    Believe it or not, I probably sit on the same place on the political spectrum as you Mick and dont have any allegiance to any side I just base my thoughts on what I feel is common sense. It really is saying something when we think Hunt might do a better job than Hancock.

With regards to Jeremy Hunt Regis.

I see an honest man full of integrity when it comes to him albeit his reign at Health wasn't 100% perfect.

With Hancock I see a devious, slimy, pathological liar and sociopath..........there is no integrity in the man and nothing to warm to, this bloke is a f u c k ing snake, the worst sort of political climber.

I would seriously take a Andy Burnham, Alistair Darling, Alan Johnstone type Labour Party over this this "pseudo" Boris, Hancocks Half Hour, Jenrick f u c k fest.

It needs Sunak in as leader with Hunt reinstated and ministerial appointments from other party's in some sort of Covid coalition to get a proper resolution to this stuff.

Burnham has gone way up in my estimation.

NUMBERS ARE SO SMALL YES THEY ARE,
    Yes Less than 10% have had the virus in the UK, and YES only 40k died from it less that others conditions, but thats only due to the lockdown and other measures limiting person to person contact.
    HERE IS THE PROBLEM
    Potentially because it is so infectious and nobody was immune in a matter of months it had the capability to infect all of us in a very short period of time R Rate + 3 Imagine that ! Millions off sick , including the health service workers, 999 services, Police, military , prison service ! In some countries potential anarchy, food shortages, law and order breaking down, a real nightmare scenario.
    WHY
    There is a major flaw when comparing COVID to other conditions. One of the issues when we compare COVID to other viruses is that when it broke out not one single human on the planet had immunity to it. Whereas although influenza is constantly mutating it is basically one of three main strains. So by the time we are in our ****s we have a least some part immunity to them either inherited from our ancestors but essentially acquired. As we become infected our immune system has to figure out a way to defeat the virus. In the case of Influenza and others it already has a head start in this respect. We may actually get 5 -7 colds a year wihout knowing. With COVID it has no idea and has been shown in some quite healthy individuals to throw their immune system into a tail spin. The majority will have no or minor symptoms. But many will feel very unwell and need to take time off, other very few actaully will be unlucky

Governments across the globe all appear to be taking the same approach, so are they all wrong?

Personally I think worldwide we are adopting the correct approach. I don’t think any world leader has been brave enough to decide to just to sit back and let the virus rip through the population and hope herd immunity is the answer.

Timing is everything slow it down whatever it takes, We wont beat it, we can only ever live with it like, just like the flu.
    Yes Ramp up the health service, yes protect the old etc, put money in taining more care workers not supporting pubs and Gyms but we need to buy time.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)