+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Wolves ***Matchday Thread***

Thought we did well for large parts of the game. Unlucky not to score first half.

Wolves just have more quality all over the pitch and more strength in depth from having spent money on the squad over quite a few seasons.

Think our start against some of the leagues tougher opposition has been good and if we can stay up for a few seasons shows where we can get to.

Struijk unlucky to not only slip but injure himself so couldn’t properly recover. If KP hadn’t for his bonce in the way we would have had a point.

Good to see Pablo back and he, Poveda and Raphina looked good when they came on.

Start of the second half we gave the ball away too easily.

Think this was a game that showed how much difference having a top quality striker up front makes. I like Bamford’s effort but still not convinced in games like this he can win us points.

Maybe Rodrigo will get a run up front with Pablo feeding him.

mustve watched a diferent game! thought we were ok, not our best, but ok, narrowly lost to a decent side, nowt to get suicidal about.

Deserved a point, but its all a learning process at present. Wolves a decent, established side, so apart from the result, things ok.
    Koch getting better each game, Struijk did well, still think we missed a trick not getting in a a decent back up DM.
    At this level one mistake, or not taking chances is costly.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    mustve watched a diferent game! thought we were ok, not our best, but ok, narrowly lost to a decent side, nowt to get suicidal about.
    Amazing on the different thoughts on the game and how people seem to see it differently, But this is a pretty good assessment,

What i will add is the Wolves back four took all the plaudits and one of them got MOM award, That tells me something,

Bit of the same from last year with possession and lack of finishing, but that makes me happy as we are in the prem now,

Give credit to Wolves they stopped us in our tracks 2nd half without outplaying us,

Lots of positives i saw that someone on here said Koch was ****, Sorry i must have been watching something different the lad is class and is getting better with each game.

Oh and that Raul geezer should have been sent off that could easily have ruined Koch *** live, Ridiculous..

We move on to Friday..

Id say they came for a point and hoping to nick three.
    They defended well and played us like some of the championship teams did last year.
    We didnt know how to break them and didnt score when we were on top.
    We wernt outplayed but maybe outmanouvered.
    We are still too honest and not crafty enough.

we are not relegation material and even when we are off we are still way better to watch than 75% of the teams in the prem.

It could be so much worse. we could be top half of the table and have big Sam as our coach and bore the rust off an old car.

we will finish top 12 in the league. Not bad for recently promoted (in 16 years) and playing brilliant footy.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Not sure I am massively disagreeing with you. First half we should have made the possession and chances count.

Main point I was trying to make is not a huge amount of difference but Wolves have a better squad and more quality all over the pitch.

Point was probably a fair result.

Thought we played some lovely football 1st half without really creating a clear cut chance.
    Wolves were better than us 2nd half but got the lucky break with the deflected goal.
    It was a game that had 0-0 all over it but that's football.

Wolves are a good solid side with some class players but they got away with one last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Thought we played some lovely football 1st half without really creating a clear cut chance.
    Wolves were better than us 2nd half but got the lucky break with the deflected goal.
    It was a game that had 0-0 all over it but that's football.

Wolves are a good solid side with some class players but they got away with one last night.
    Not too many teams in the prem play the counter attacking football that Wolves employed last night fortunately - though some may learn from what happened to us last night - I would take it as a compliment that teams don't just feel they can roll us over with attacking football.

When we play the top ten or so teams that will go for it we will probably get most joy IMO, The Burnleys West Broms and Newcastles will set up to stiffle us - and quite likely succeed!

As stated earlier, stay up this season and I will be happy enough.

ps - Played three from the top half, and two lower placed teams, and NO ONE has outplayed us.

I know it is still early in the season but the good news is we are playing well and apart from yesterday scoring goals. Additionally we have four teams that are clearly struggling with only five points between them, including, sorry Alf, Burnley.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)