+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Next US President

Multiple elections until Joe dies?

Or forgets

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I think Trump will still be around for a while yet. Even if he loses (which I am still not convinced he will), he will appeal the result to the Supreme Court.

They are just about to elect another Republican to the Supreme Court giving them a solid majority on there.

They could quite easily agree with Trump that the election was unlawful...I don't know what would happen then though. Another election? Multiple elections until Joe dies?

Dirty business.
    Yes I can understand your worries 59, no one wants to see the American Supreme Court interfering in the political process, nor the result of the Presidential election being overturned and a re-run ordered just because the losers didn't like the result.

Nevertheless, these misgivings being expressed by a person who actively campaigned to nullify the result of our Euro referendum and have another one, because the LibDems didn't like the result of the first one, and who was delighted when our un-elected Supreme Court judges took it upon themselves to instruct our elected politicians on what they could and couldn't do in Parliament, strikes me as being a tad hypocritical, if not outright disingenuous.

But I have to laugh at your bare-faced cheek mon ami, you're a star and no mistake.
    Last edited by sinkov; 28-10-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)