+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ground Share

Ground Share

I see that Forest Under 23s will be using Meadow Lane for some of their games.

Maybe relationships are warming a bit again.

The relationship's been good for a long while now. Good to see.

F-Word getting their foot in the door for somewhere to play when they start building the new kitchen extension and it goes tits up

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    F-Word getting their foot in the door for somewhere to play when they start building the new kitchen extension and it goes tits up
    Yep, bound to be fireworks when the bread oven is installed....

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    It's an interesting idea. Meadow lane is about 2/3 of the size of the current City Ground, isn't it? so there would be difficulties there.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    It's an interesting idea. Meadow lane is about 2/3 of the size of the current City Ground, isn't it? so there would be difficulties there.
    If they don’t want their fans to travel too far then Meadow Lane would be the biggest stadium locally for them to use. So is ideal.

The other options within 50 miles are Leicester, Aston Villa or Sheff Wed and Sheff United’s stadiums. I’ve not mentioned Derby as I doubt that would be an option due to their rivalry? Likewise Birmingham St Andrews is currently shared with Coventry.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    If they don’t want their fans to travel too far then Meadow Lane would be the biggest stadium locally for them to use. So is ideal.

The other options within 50 miles are Leicester, Aston Villa or Sheff Wed and Sheff United’s stadiums. I’ve not mentioned Derby as I doubt that would be an option due to their rivalry? Likewise Birmingham St Andrews is currently shared with Coventry.
    Maybe they could even use the Ricoh Arena short term.

They played here when their stand burnt down in '68 and I don't think they won a game?

CG capacity is more than ML even without their main stand, so they wouldn't need to use ML

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    They played here when their stand burnt down in '68 and I don't think they won a game?
    Ideal Venue then 1961.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast