+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Score, Scorers and Attendance Predictions vs Kings Lynn Town 24.10.20 [FAC QR4]

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    First time I've predicted it correct (although I did hedge my bets!)
    Me too. Sadly.

What we could have won:

An away game at Port Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What we could have won:

And the FA have just changed the rules - you don’t now automatically forfeit the tie if you can’t play on the weekend due to COVID. Goes to a panel, who decide if you should be able to rearrange the tie. These people are unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    And the FA have just changed the rules - you don’t now automatically forfeit the tie if you can’t play on the weekend due to COVID. Goes to a panel, who decide if you should be able to rearrange the tie. These people are unbelievable.
    There will be cartoon steam coming out of Jason Turner's ears tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    If this isn’t a perfect example of making it up as they go along then I don’t know what is.

It’s staggering and beggars belief.

Lillian Greenwood should be stepping in here...that's beyond farcical.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    If this isn’t a perfect example of making it up as they go along then I don’t know what is.

It’s staggering and beggars belief.
    That is absolute f00king bo11ocks. Bad enough being punished for doing the right thing, but to then change the rules a few days later is scandalous.

Parliamentary enquiry needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What we could have won:

I have always thought in this way, but have also wondered whether that would have happened, or might the balls have been numbered differently?

It's a bit like, 'Let's see what you could have won'. An away game v Port Vale or a speedboat?!

Regarding the new rule regarding forfeiting FA Cup games, is that just a rumour that's been passed down, or is it definite? I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I have always thought in this way, but have also wondered whether that would have happened, or might the balls have been numbered differently?
    The ball numbers would have been the same. The League 1 & 2 clubs are 1-48 in alphabetical order and the other numbers relate to the tie in the previous round. Whoever won the King's Lynn v Notts tie would have been ball 57.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast