+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Score, Scorers and Attendance Predictions vs Kings Lynn Town 24.10.20 [FAC QR4]

In view of their contradictory decision making, I think that the least the FA should now do, is to compensate Notts by paying them the prize money we would have received for reaching the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I have always thought in this way, but have also wondered whether that would have happened, or might the balls have been numbered differently?

It's a bit like, 'Let's see what you could have won'. An away game v Port Vale or a speedboat?!

Regarding the new rule regarding forfeiting FA Cup games, is that just a rumour that's been passed down, or is it definite? I haven't seen it anywhere else.
    Ollie Bayliss reported it here:

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/st...16806874009602

This thread should really be renamed 'The FA Cup thread that never happened'. At least we can claim that we didn't lose a game in the competition, which could last be uttered in 1894! I've just watched the 3rd round draw and if we had progressed we would be away to Bristol City, which would be typically underwhelming. The other things of note are that Forest got their usual home draw*, Stags were the last ball out of the bag and drew the short straw with an away game at Cheltenham, and Marine hit the jackpot with a home tie against Spurs.

* I don't know if any stattos out there can be arsed to check, and it might be just my bias, but I'm sure in this millennium that in League Cup and FA Cup draws they are more often than not drawn at home, and we are more often than not drawn away.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456